Friday, May 2, 2008

Weddings

Last night Daniel and I watched a whole bunch of episodes on Food Network and coincidentally, it's wedding week. Which made me want to get married really bad. Like really bad. And now I know basically what I want my wedding cake to look like. (If you want Food Network Challenge: Wedding Cake Surprise, it's the blue and white one by the guy from Phoenix). But, alas, I must wait another four years until Daniel and I graduate from college. Because we're responsible and we know that we're supposed to finish school before we get married. And our parents will financially disown us if we get married before then. And I don't really want to plan a wedding while I'm in school anyways. And I want to have a big, beautiful wedding and I know that my parents will be willing to spend more once I have a degree. Not to mention the fact that I want to live in a beautiful house in a nice neighborhood and that's not going to happen if we get married right now. So I will pay my dues in college knowing that in ten years when we are rich I will be happy that I waited. And besides, we're practically living together now. I don't know what it is about the actual being married that I want so bad. Really, it's probably that I want to have kids. But if I want to be rich then that's going to be a long ways off. It sucks being responsible and mature. However, I'm sure there are many people that would be thrilled to be able to go to college and not have to work or worry about money for four years. I seriously have to have this whole conversation with myself at least once a week so that I don't get depressed and frustrated. I just want to get married NOW! No I don't. Yes I do. But I can't.

No comments: