Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Okay I have time to post now.

I'm so close to the end of the quarter, yet I still have a lot to do before it's over. I feel like I'm constantly on the edge. I'm standing on the edge of a cliff and I'm leaning over, ready to jump, but it's not quite time to jump yet. One minute I'm excited because I only have one more choir rehearsal left, no more big papers to write. The next minute I'm scared because I have two weeks to prepare for three final exams. And now that it's ridiculously warm outside it really feels like summer. It feels like school should be ending. Between classes I walk through campus and people are in their bikinis sunbathing, eating lunch on the grass, reading a book under a tree, and it just feels like being in a classroom is wasting the beautiful sunshine! So basically I'm constantly on edge. Every minute I'm counting down until the end of my first year of college. And listing off the things I need to do before I get on that flight for Phoenix. It's quite a list. A daunting list.

If I'm feeling like this I can't imagine what seniors are feeling.

Today between psychology and physics, I was walking to class, and by coincidence came upon Daniel walking from class to lunch. I wasn't expecting to see him until 6pm this evening after class, so it was a nice surprise! Not only that, but he came up and gave me a kiss and a long hug. I think he was happy to see me too :-) And that made me think about how happy I am that I am here and not Boston. That I get to see Daniel between classes and every day. And we get to start planning our future together. When I was in Boston, we were just trying to get through college and then worry about our lives together. This was the best decision I could have made. To transfer here I mean. Now when I'm home, I can enjoy the time with my family instead of trying to cram in every second with Daniel. It makes me so happy to be with him. Especially when he does nice things like kiss me even though there are lots of people around. I'm sure they look at us and they're jealous. I was listening to that Relient K song today. I love that song. It makes me think of us.

No comments: