Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy happy weekend!



I had a great weekend! Lexi drove us all up to Colorado Springs and we checked into our hotel and got all dressed and everything. The resort was absolutely beautiful. It was on a cliff so out our balcony we saw a whole bunch of houses on a mountain over a lake and a golf course. And the weather was gorgeous, if a little cold. At 6:30 we all went to Jimmy's room and had a champagne toast. I love all the people that were there. It was about 10 couples I think, the perfect size. All the girls were gorgeous and all the guys looked so cute in their suits. I hadn't eaten anything ALL DAY so I was starving and it may have been in my head, but I'm pretty sure the champagne got me a little tipsy. But then we went and took pictures overlooking the valley with the wind blowing and everything. Daniel told me I looked beautiful like 5 times (it never gets old). We walked into this little conference room and there were three tables with elaborate place settings and a dance floor in the middle. We had a three-course dinner and I had tea afterwards cause I knew I would need some caffeine to keep me up until 11 while drinking alcohol. Jimmy hired this DJ that was really good so we danced and danced for a while. Lexi, Eric, and I went to Tim's room and had a little drink before we went back to the dance floor. I had vodka and sprite. It was just enough so that I was relaxed when I went back to dance the rest of the night. Daniel was a little upset with me for drinking without him, but we still had a great time. I tell you what, Theta Chi boys can dance! And they can get hot dates too! So by eleven my feet were KILLING me. Some of the couples went to bed, others went to Tim's room to drink some more. I had enough, so Daniel and I went to bed. It was really nice. I felt beautiful and confident and fun. I danced like nothing mattered in the world. And I could swear I burned like 5,000 calories. I think they should make an exercise class that's just dancing.


When I woke up this morning, my head felt kinda stuffy and full. That's the only way I can describe it. All day it's felt pressurized and heavy. And my throat is a little sore. I'm sure it's just allergies, but it sucks. I was in bed watching the Diamondbacks game from 2-5:30. (We lost.) I just sucked it up and got up at 5:30 because Daniel took me out again tonight!


We went to Maggiano's for dinner (I paid) and then went to see A Chorus Line at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. Daniel bought these tickets for me and they were really expensive so I was so thrilled that he did. But we sat waaaay up in the balcony. And after he bought them he discovered that students get half-priced tickets. Oh well, next time. Anyways, the show was great. I love watching really good people dance because I can't dance for anything. I wish I could. But I have talents in other areas.


Unfortunately, not physics. Alas, I have gotten horrible grades (by my extraordinarily high standards) on the last few quizzes and I am very worried that I might get a B or two this quarter. I really really want to keep up my GPA so I am working hard. And on that thought, I think I will go to bed now. Goodnight.

No comments: