Friday, May 16, 2008

Right now I'm feeling....

bored and hungry and lonely. It's times like these that I really wish I was home. If I were at home right now I would get myself something to eat and then maybe go shopping. Or I would take a bubble bath. No, never mind, I would cook myself a delicious dinner and then have a big bowl of chocolate ice cream for dessert. That sounds nice. But, I am stuck here with no car and no boyfriend to keep me company. The dining hall is closed on Friday which means that if I want something to eat then I have to walk 15 minutes to the other dining hall and eat by myself. I could order a pizza or something, but then I'd have to eat it all by myself. And pizza doesn't really sound good right now. But if I were at home then I would have a car and a house full of food with a beautiful kitchen to cook it in. And I would have parents and sister to keep me company and perhaps go out to eat or go shopping with. I guess it's times like these that also make me appreciate my family and house and car when I am home. I need to remember this when I am at home. I'm still waiting to hear about the two jobs I applied for. I should find out about both in the next week. I will be really surprised and probably disappointed if I don't get either job. I will be very happy if I get both jobs. I need all the money I can get.

Daniel and I are planning a trip to Disneyland over our winter break. I have always wanted to go when it's all decorated for Christmas and everything. And since we get a whole 6 weeks off, we figured we would need time away from our families anyways. And then we went on the website and determined that with gas, food, hotel, and park tickets, it's going to cost about $1200 for the two of us for 3 days and 3 nights if we drive. Of course that's if we don't stay at a disgusting cheap hotel, get park-hopper tickets, and eat about one nice meal a day. I wanted to make sure that if we go, we have enough money so we're not worried about cutting costs the whole time. I think it will be really fun! I am excited to see it all decorated. And hopefully it won't be as crowded as it usually is when we go in the spring with school.

Less than three weeks until I go home. I remember the first night I was home for spring break. It felt like I was visiting my parents' house. Even though I was in my room and everything, it felt like someone else's house. Maybe it's because my parents were treating me all special. Or maybe because I was the only one home. Or maybe because my cloest and drawers and everything were pretty empty. Regardless, I hope that this summer I settle back in quickly and feel like I really am home. It's kind of sad because if that's not my home, then I don't really have one. I don't think anyone would tell you that a dorm feels like home. It's definitely not home when you have to share a bathroom with people you don't know and you have rules to follow and floor meetings and stuff. So without a home in Denver, and no home in Phoenix, I'm kinda homeless. That makes me really excited for when Daniel and I buy a house. In just about a year from now we will be closing a deal on our first house. His parents are buying it of course, but they understand that the two of us will be sharing the master bedroom and we will probably have 2 or 3 other roommates as well. And I really really really hope I have a car. And then we will get our first pet (an english bulldog) and we will start our life together. I can't wait. I will cook dinner for us and we can have friends over and I will be the perfect hostess. Okay, that may be an unrealistic ideal, but it's my fantasy and I can envision anything I want.

I really should get something to eat. The dining hall doesn't open until 11:00am tomorrow, so that means I will go just about 24 hours without a meal. Oh well, maybe I'll lose a pound. Ha.

1 comment:

beth said...

you are a weirdo. . .I didnt know you were going to get a house with daniel? that is awesome! and the fact that you dont have to pay for it is even awesomer!!