Thursday, May 15, 2008

Frustration!

Yesterday I had registration for next quarter. I thought about it a lot, and I chose to take biology, chemistry, and core. Well when I tried to register, I got an error message on chemistry and core. So I was only registered for one class. When I called the registrar's office to figure out what's wrong, I found out that I cannot take chemistry because I already have the credit. I got the credit from taking the AP Chemistry test (3 years ago). I wanted to retake it because it's been so long and I'm afraid that I don't remember enough of it. So after making two more phone calls and talking to the organic chemistry professor, I have decided that I will not register for it, but I will plan on sitting in on the class. I will not have to take tests or do labs and I won't get a grade. The reason I couldn't sign up for core was because I am not a junior. I emailed the professor to ask permission to take the class and she said there are already 10 students on the waiting list, and she can't add anymore. So... back to one class - biology. After re-evaluating my schedule, I registered for a class that will go towards my psychology minor. It's called "motivation and emotion". I think it will be interesting, and I'm glad that I'm working towards one of my minors. So that's two classes now. Tomorrow I am going to go to the foreign language office and tell them that I need to take the spanish test so I can find out what level I need to register for. If I test out of one or no quarters, then I will take spanish. I also found another core class that I want to take, but there is no professor listed yet, so I can't email anyone to ask permission to take it. So both of those are up in the air. This is so stressful. The longer I wait to register, the less spots that are open. Hopefully I will be taking biology, psych, spanish, and core, plus the chemistry lecture in the morning and my LA job (if I get it - still no word) Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and then whatever time is left I will work at the desk in my residence hall. Wow that sounds overwhelming. But I'm sure I can do it. I really want to graduate as soon as possible, and that means taking as many classes as possible.

Today I went to the awards ceremony to receive my scholarship. It was really nice to be recognized. At BU I felt like I was lost in the crowd and that I would never be recognized for anything. Eric went with me and kept me company until the ceremony started. Then Daniel came in a few minutes after it started. He had to beg his wind ensemble director to let him out early and then ran for like 2 blocks straight to get the awards ceremony in time to see me. He knew it was really important to me. And I was so glad that he was there. Him and Eric wooed when they called my name and Daniel took pictures of me up there holding my envelope. It's times like these that I really wish my parents were close by, but I can't complain. I'm the one that chose to go here I guess.

Two nights ago I had a strange dream. I was in my english class from high school senior year. A bunch of my high school friends were there. It was like a one year reunion and everyone was hugging and reminiscing. It was so fun. It made me miss senior year. I remember that class felt like a party every day. Every one knew each other, and the teachers were laid back, and we just had fun. College definitely has its merits, but I don't think I will ever have a class where I know everyone and we all are friends and have a great time together. I miss that. The sad part is, I don't think I will probably talk to some of those people ever again, except maybe at a reunion or something. Although, that's what facebook is for, right? I feel really lucky that I got to go to Horizon. I think it was an awesome school with great friends. I have great memories.

No comments: