Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A damp Wednesday

Last night at like 3 in the morning I woke up. There was some major lightning and thunder going on outside! It must have rained too, because everything was wet this morning. Our windows were open because it gets stuffy in here during the night, but the thunder was so loud I had to close them so I could get some sleep. I'm surprised that I was only mildly anxious about it. Usually thunder really freaks me out, but last night it was kinda cool and exciting. However, this morning, a different phobia surfaced.

Daniel texted me and told me to wear tennis shoes because there were worms everywhere outside. I was confused. I mean, worms stay in the dirt don't they? I'm not going to be walking around in the dirt! So two hours later I had to go to class. I walked outside and talked to Daniel on the phone. I told him I didn't see any worms anywhere. We decided that they must all be on the other side of my dorm. We continued to talk, and then I looked down at the sidewalk and as I looked closely, I suddenly noticed that there were little tiny squirming worms EVERYWHERE! I screamed and jumped and ran, but there was nowhere that I could go to get away from them. For a few minutes I just freaked out, but then I took a deep breath and relaxed. I found a little patch of sidewalk with no worms and stood there. It's so ridiculous. I know that worms are completely harmless and there is no reason to be freaking out. But it didn't help. All day I was paranoid. My eyes were focused on the ground everywhere I walked, and if something brushed up against me I jumped and screamed. It was a stressful day. Now I'm freaked out that there's worm guts on my shoes and carpet and stuff. By the end of the day, the sidewalk was a graveyard of squished, fried, dried up worms on the sidewalks. Ewwwww it makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Last night I started to figure out my schedule for next year because registration is next week. I have some decisions to make. I will be taking chemistry and biology which scares me because that's two big scary classes at once. I also have to fulfill the one year language proficiency requirement. I am going to take a test to see how much I currently know, and if it's less than a year then I have to take spanish to graduate. I am also hoping to finish my university requirements by taking core classes (generic arts & humanities type classes) next year as well. If I end up testing out of spanish, then I am thinking about taking just 12 credits/ 3 classes next year to take some of the pressure off of the two science classes. I also will hopefully have two jobs so that will be a lot to do at once. However, I could also finish my physics minor or start my psychology minor. And I feel guilty taking only 3 classes when I could be taking 4 and finish school that much earlier. Choices choices. Ugh. I will have to think about this for a little bit.

No comments: