Friday, May 23, 2008

One week of class left

This morning I woke up early so I could go see Daniel's final performance. Today was his last brass class so he performed for all the other brass students and all the brass professors. I was so proud of him! He practiced really hard and I could definitely tell. The song had some really hard stuff in it and Daniel played it almost perfectly! I am so glad that he is making so much progress and learning so much after just one year. It's kind of sad though because I know that his parents and my parents would be really proud of him too if they were there to hear it. I guess they'll have to settle for a recording.

Today I started packing up the stuff that I am going to leave here over the summer. Mostly that means winter clothes and school supplies. It felt so good to pack some of that stuff up and throw a bunch of stuff out. I want to go home so so very bad and it feels like I still have so much time left here. But packing means I'm that much closer.

Daniel and I were going to share a storage unit with two of our friends (Meade and Eric) who are also from out of state. However, Eric is living in a house next year so he is storing his stuff there. So that leaves the two of us and Meade. When we looked at places to store, they are so unbelievably expensive! Like 40-50 dollars a month for a 5x5 room, plus $20 to move in, 20$ for insurance and plus tax on top of that! For just a little empty room to put our boxes in! That makes me so angry. Well, when we were looking one of our friends just happened to walk by and he told us that he might have some open space in his basement for us to put our stuff over the summer. We thought that would be great! We could pay him like 10-15 dollars a month, no move-in fee or insurance or anything and we would all be happy. Except Meade. Because that kinda leaves her with having to rent a place all by herself. And it turns out that that evening she told us that she already rented a place.....in Littleton. That's a thirty minute drive away. Not to mention none of us have a car. So we have to con our friends into driving us there to store our stuff and we'll have to con someone again in September to get our stuff out. Asking someone to drive thirty minutes each way is a little ridiculous when there is one that's a couple blocks from campus. So the problem is, how to politely tell Meade that she's crazy. Or just suck it up and go along with it.

The Diamondbacks are killing the Braves right now. And you wanna know the worst part? Nicole is probably sitting on our living room couch watching it right now. And I'm stuck in this godforsaken dorm room the size of a closet. And I still don't know if I have a job this summer. I'm sure whoever is reading this is getting sick of me saying that. I'm getting sick of saying that too. Sorry.

No comments: