Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm procrastinating

I have finished all my homework for this weekend (plus more) except for one paper that I have to write. It's my last paper for this year and it's for American Religion. And I am doing everything I possibly can to postpone writing it.

Last night Daniel and I went to see "Into the Woods" at Lamont. A few of our friends were in it, and the tickets were free so we decided to go see it. It was so cute! The music and acting was really good, and the set was incredible. It was the first ever completely student run opera. My RA was Jack's mother and she did really well too. Daniel almost cried at the end when the Baker's wife was stepped on by the giant. He just gets really into the show I think. It's kinda cute.

Afterwards, we went with Lexi and Eric to Tim's apartment to hang out. Tim is the President of Theta Chi. I don't know what was up with me, but I was just out of it. I think I was kind of rude to Tim even though I didn't mean to be. I guess I was just really uncomfortable because there were a bunch of people there I didn't know, and this guy came in totally stoned. And I didn't really want to drink, but I think I offended Tim when I refused a drink. And then they were all going to go over to this other kid's house to play beer pong and I just really wasn't up for it. Everyone tried to get Daniel and I to go, but I insisted that I didn't want to. First of all, I hate beer, and I really don't like the idea of drinking games either. I think it's a stupid excuse to get really drunk. Plus, that was the kid that was stoned and I really didn't want to get involved with that. And I didn't know him, so I wasn't keen on going over to his house. I felt really pressured by everyone, they wanted us to go really bad. I was grateful that Daniel was supporting me and not giving in to all our friends. I would have been really upset if he joined them and pressured me to go as well. It was hard enough resisting all of them; I couldn't have resisted if I didn't have Daniel backing me up. So we walked home at about 11:30 and talked until Daniel had to go to work at 1.

Last night when the show was starting my stomach was hurting really bad. My senior year of high school I used to get stomachaches just about every night between 7 and 10pm. Like every night after dinner. It was the weirdest thing. At first I thought maybe I was lactose intolerant, but cutting out dairy didn't help. And then the doctor said that it was because I had too much acid in my stomach due to my (very mild and not worth medicating) OCD. So I got a prescription for antacids, but that didn't help either. Then a different doctor told me to take this fiber stuff every day, but that didn't help in the long run either. When I moved to Denver, my stomachaches went away for like 3 weeks. And now I get one about once a week. Daniel is convinced that it's from stress/anxiety. But last night I didn't feel stressed out at all. And it's weird that it's always at night. Not before a test, not when I have a lot of homework, or anything like that. And I can't see any pattern with what I eat either. I am so frustrated! I read an article that said that some people with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) benefited from taking anti-depressants. But I really don't want to take medication again. That stuff messes with my emotions too much. I guess that's the point. But regardless, I feel like I need to do something because it's driving me crazy!

I go home in less than two weeks! It can't come soon enough.

No comments: