Sunday, May 18, 2008

Last Night

I had such a good night last night! Actually a good whole day yesterday. By the time I woke up Daniel was back from his camping trip so we had lunch together and then I sat down and finished all my homework. I HATE writing papers. I dread the moment that I have to actually sit down and write them. But I had this paper that I had to do this weekend. It involves research and citations and all this stuff that made my stomach hurt every time I thought about it. So after lunch I sat down and did it. It took me about 2 hours I think which is not bad. And I feel pretty good about it. I'm about 300 words under the minimum word count, so I'll have to add some stuff in before I submit my final draft, but that's no big deal. I'm just glad I got it done. And, it is my last paper of my last writing class ever! The only paper I will have to write from now on will be just information, no arguing. Like a lab report or something. I don't mind those nearly as much as argumentations. Then I did my physics homework. That usually takes me an hour and a half and I usually get about 85-90% on it, but yesterday I finished it in 45 minutes and I got 100%! All the other homework I usually do on the weekends I finished on Thursday and Friday so that means I'm done! I felt so good after finishing. I knew that meant that I could go out and have a good time and not worry about school.

Then at 5:30 Daniel and I met downstairs and we took the light rail down to 16th street mall and had a beautiful and delicious dinner at Maggianos. I think that might be my new favorite restaurant. When we were seated we were literally surrounded on all sides by prom groups. It was crazy! After dinner we went to the symphony. They were playing Carmina Burana. I knew the first part of it because we played that for our marching show my freshman year of high school. But beyond that, I didn't know much about it. Well, we walked in and saw a huge orchestra and a 200 person adult choir behind them. Incredible! They were so amazing. It was this huge epic piece and they performed it perfectly. I can't even describe it. Then on top of the orchestra and adult choir, there was a bass and soprano soloist (who fall in love) and a children's choir too. They were all so amazing. In the program was printed all the latin words and what they meant in English so I followed along with the story. It was at times funny and very romantic. Then we came back to my room and the night ended perfectly.

So today we are going to eat our leftovers from Maggiano's for lunch (the best part of Maggiano's I think) and I have a rehearsal for choir this afternoon. After seeing the CSO perform Carmina Burana, I am really excited for my choir. The Lamont school of music is putting together a performance of Haydn's Harmonie Mass. So it's the same type of thing that Carmina Burana is, except instead of a love story it tells the story of Christ's birth, crucifixion and resurrection. I'm singing in the choir, then there's the full orchestra, and four soloists (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) that sing little quartets throughout the mass. We have this huge book of music that's like 120 pages of music (just the choir part) and the mass is about 45 minutes long. Today is our first rehearsal all together so I am really excited to hear it all put together. I just wish that some of my family could come see me when we perform. But at least they can hear a recording of it. Lamont records every concert that's performed there, so it's easy to get a copy.

I don't get to watch the Diamondbacks today. I didn't get to watch them last night either. But that's okay, I'll get over it. Last night my Dad called and I couldn't answer because I was at the symphony. When I checked my messages, I heard this little tiny voice say "Hi Rachel. It's Kian. See you later." It was the cutest thing! I guess my parents babysat last night haha. I miss babysitting. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot this summer.

Today it's a beautiful 80 degrees. I think 75-80 is my perfect temperature. Just on the warm side. I saw that in Phoenix it's going to hit 108 tomorrow. I don't think I'm ready for that. I guess I don't have a choice. By the time I get home it'll be over 110 everyday. But at the same time, that's home and I love it. I definitely want to live in Scottsdale and raise my kids there. I think it's the perfect place to raise a family. If we can afford it.

No comments: