Saturday, May 3, 2008

I should be doing homework

but I'm not. I would much rather blog. The last few days, I have been so glad that I have Daniel here. Being in Boston for a few months really made me appreciate how incredibly lucky I am to have him here pretty much whenever I need him. On Thursday I was having a terrible day, mostly because of the big fat wet snowflakes that were falling (in MAY!!) and at 3:00pm I got to spend 45 minutes with Daniel in between classes and he cheered me up so much. I hope I never take advantage of that ever again. Just the simple pleasure of going out to dinner on the weekend and always having someone to eat dinner with makes me feel really lucky to be here with him. So I guess there was a reason that God put me in Boston for a few months. I'm sure there are many more reasons that I will come to realize in the future, but for now I will be happy for this one.

I also feel really lucky that I get to be Daniel's girlfriend (and hopefully future wife!). I think he is such a unique guy. He treats me like a princess. Seriously. He will do anything for me if he knows it will make me happy. He makes an effort to take me out for dinner every single weekend because he knows I freaking hate the dining hall. He bought me tickets to go see A Chorus Line because I have wanted to go for weeks and weeks. When I'm doing homework, he comes to my room to take a nap because he just likes being near me and listening to my typing. He is always telling me to drink more water, use hand sanitizer, take medicine, etc. because he cares about me. And he's so cute! I feel like I won the boyfriend-lottery.

Tonight we are going to his fraternity's formal. Honestly, I am most excited that I get to wear my pretty prom dress again and that we are probably going to get drunk. Oh, and there is going to be a catered dinner which will be nice too. To prepare for this evening I got my nails done yesterday and it's been so long since they have looked pretty. There's something about shiny painted nails that make me look beautiful no matter how the rest of me looks. That probably comes from biting my nails my whole life. I love it though :-) even if it does get a little expensive.

Last night I had lots of dreams about people back home. I know there was one with my family in it, and we were moving Nicole into a dorm and I think we were in New York City, except that me and my Mom went to the Smithsonian so maybe it was Washington, DC. Well, it's a dream, so I guess the Smithsonians could be in NYC anyways. Then, later, I had a dream with Beth and Jake and Tyler and I think other people from church were there. I think Beth's parents were there, and maybe my grandparents? I don't know I can't remember. But anyways, I woke up feeling surrounded by all these people that I love and I miss them a lot. Only four more weeks before I get to go home and see them all (except my grandparents). After living in a dorm and with all the renovations that my parents have done, my house feels like a five star hotel. I can't wait to have my big room and my beautiful (clean) bathroom. Yet another simple pleasure I hope I will never take advantage of again.

Well I guess I should get to my homework. This post has been long enough anyways.

1 comment:

beth said...

i dream about you too... ; )