Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursdays = busy!

Yesterday I had four hours of class. Today, I had six. But it felt like a lot more. Probably because I wasn't done until four. I was really disappointed because psychology was really boring today. I'm beginning to think maybe that wasn't the best class for me to sign up for. Emotions are very subjective which means the class is a lot of opinions and discussion. I am the kind of student who would rather listen to the teacher lecture and then spit out the right answers on the final exam. But, it's probably a good thing that I take a class like this. It will strengthen my subjective reasoning skills.

Tonight we had a meeting to schedule desk shifts for the whole quarter. I was really worried about getting good shifts. And though I didn't get any of the shifts I wanted, I still really like how my schedule turned out. I'm working about 15 hours a week. Most of those hours are on the weekends, so I can get a ton of homework done. I also don't work at all on Saturday night so my date night/party night is still available. Also tonight I was officially/unofficially hired at Nelson desk too. The past few weeks I have been helping Daniel with his mail duties. I have just been behind the desk helping him so it goes faster; I don't get paid for that at all. Well one of the other RAs has had her boyfriend coming behind the desk and just hanging out. Daniel's boss doesn't want her boyfriend behind the desk because it doesn't look professional. But he can't allow me and not her boyfriend. So to get around this, he proposed that Daniel just hire me and then I can legitimately be back there and I'll get paid! So tonight I have another meeting for Nelson staff. I'm kind of getting a little bit stressed out thinking about all these hours I'm working and all this stuff I'm taking on. But then I remind myself that I am a college student and what do I have to do besides work? Sit in my room and stare at the wall? That's stupid.

Wow, who am I? I am so different than I was a year ago. So very different. But I like it. It's good.

Today I got a package from my grandparents/parents and Daniel got a package from his mom too. So we have A LOT of cookies lol. It makes me so happy to get packages from home. I honestly think that Daniel and I have the best families in the world. Sometimes we lay in bed at night and talk about how lucky we are. We have incredible families that love us; we are in college studying things we are very passionate about; we are in love; we are confident that we are going to be successful and happy for a very long time. Does it get much better than that? I don't think so :-)