Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling a bit better

Yesterday was awful. I went to the student health center describing my current symptoms of sinus pressure, headache, and sore throat. She prescribed a nasal steroid to clear it up. I went to two hours of class, and then decided that it really wasn't worth it and I need to rest. So I went home. I didn't eat lunch because my throat hurt and nothing sounded appetizing. Then Daniel brought me dinner and as soon as he walked in the door with a tray full of food, I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Sorry if that was too much information. So anyways, I have concluded that it was probably the flu. And only the 24 hour flu thank goodness, because I had a busy day today and I really couldn't cancel much of it. I already missed two hours of work yesterday so I didn't want to miss anymore today. I went to class this morning and I worked too. I cancelled a meeting with financial aid so I could rest in between my work shifts. I am holding down food and besides a stuffy nose and exhaustion, I'm feeling much better. The good news is that my parents have called me more in the last 24 hours than they have the whole time I have been in Colorado.

Tomorrow, Daniel and I are taking a day trip up to the mountains to see the pretty fall leaves. We are really excited to see the beautiful scenery. I guess that's what Arizona does to you. I'm excited because it's something nice that Daniel and I can do together. Just us two. Although we may invite some friends to come along if they are free.

Tonight we were invited to a screening of a couple TV shows. I don't know much about it, except that we will watch them and then rate them so these executives can make changes before they put them on the air. I'm curious to see what it will be like.

We're playing the game assassin in Nelson and I'm still alive! If you don't know how it works, everyone in the dorm gets a name of a person who lives in the dorm. That's your "target". You have to kill that person by throwing a balled up sock at them. Then when you kill that person, you take on their target until there is only one person left. The idea is for us to meet other people in our hall (even though I don't actually live in Nelson). I have no clue what my target looks like, all I know is her name, so I haven't been able to kill her yet. But I'm on her trail. I have found a few friends who know her, so they are keeping an eye out for me. And nobody has killed me yet, so I'm safe for now. Daniel got killed last week. Poor Daniel.

Adios!

No comments: