Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's very early in the morning

For some stupid reason, I signed up for a 5am-7am shift at the desk every Wednesday morning. At the time, I was thinking "I have to be at class at 8am, that's only an hour after the shift ends." I guess I didn't think about the fact that in order to be at the desk at 5am, I would have to wake up BEFORE 5am. As in like 4:45 at the latest. So now I'm sitting at the desk while everyone else is fast asleep in their warm little beds. Funny enough, Daniel also signed up for the 5am-7am shift at Nelson. So we both had to get up and go to the desk. And every half hour or so we talk on the phone. At least I have a TV. Daniel doesn't. I also got some homework done which is always good.

Last night I was not in a good mood. I think there are two reasons. One, I was busy ALL DAY like 9am-9pm and when I got home, I realized that I had a bunch of homework that I forgot about. So then I spent another 90 minutes on homework. And then I realized that I had to get up in about 6 hours, so I had better go to bed. Two, Daniel was also busy ALL DAY and is busy all day EVERY DAY and I wanted to have ten minutes of his undivided attention before I went to bed. But he was busy. So I was putting on my pajamas and getting ready for bed. Daniel realized that I was upset about something. So he stopped what he was doing and immediately came over to the bed and asked me what he could do. He even offered to read and summarize so I don't have to. His cell phone rang (as usual) and he didn't even answer it. He gave me his complete, undivided attention for more than ten minutes. And it made me so happy :-)

45 minutes until my shift is over. I haven't decided if I should use that hour to A) take a shower, B) do my laundry, or C) sleep. Right now, I'm leaning towards C. But then I will be groggy for my 8am class. Decisions, decisions. At least I'm done at noon today. I'm thinking this afternoon will definitely be naptime. That sounds lovely.

No comments: