Sunday, September 28, 2008

I got her!

Last night, I "killed" my target. I had to be very sneaky about it because she knew that I was after her. So Daniel and I went into the dining hall to eat dinner. As we sat down, she sat down right across from us. We started laughing because we all knew that I was out to get her. But, the dining hall is a safe zone, so I couldn't get her then. So Daniel and I finished up eating quickly and left. There are two ways to leave the dining hall. One goes outside to the rest of campus, and the other way leads to the lobby and the rest of the dorm. I knew that she lived in the dorm on the first floor, and it was Saturday so she would probably be going back to her room after she ate. So I hid in a closet just outside the exit with the door open a crack. I sat there and waited until I saw her walk by, and then I jumped out and got her! I was so proud of myself. And the good news is that her target, now my new target, is Rashidat. She is another RA in Nelson and I have a class with her every single day. So it will be easy to get her. And she doesn't even know that I'm now her assassin, so she won't see it coming!

Yesterday Daniel and I did not go to see fall leaves. I woke up at 8:30 and went to work from 9-11am. When I came home I felt awful, so I went back to bed. And I ended up staying in bed until 5:00. I slept ALL day. I couldn't believe it, but I was actually that tired. I guess it makes sense that my body needs that much rest, but I felt like it was such a waste of a day. After I ate some dinner I felt better, but I stayed home the rest of the night just to make sure I'm fully recovered. My voice is a little hoarse now. Hopefully that's gone by choir rehearsal on Tuesday. Luckily this whole illness has only cost me one (important) class, and two hours of work. I got all my homework done this weekend so I think that I'm caught up with all my classes.

I'm really hungry right now. I hate this shift. I work from 5pm-7pm which is exactly the hours that the dining hall is open. I'll just have to eat at Nagel food court. It isn't that bad, it's just that I think I've been eating way too much pizza lately. Daniel took me out to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch today. It's nice to get off campus once in a while. I have to remember that there's a world out there with families and kids and not just college students.

On Friday night, a bunch of my (girl)friends and I decided that we want to take a pole dancing class. We think it looks like a lot of fun, and who couldn't use a little extra exercise? I was elected to email this local place to ask about their rates for private parties. We're thinking it would be a fun Nelson staff girls night out thing. And it's an excuse to buy some really cute high heels.

No comments: