Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Headache

I haven't been feeling well. It's only the second week of class and I feel overwhelmed.
Not really with class, just with stuff to do. Last year I never really felt like I had too much going on. Actually, a lot of the time I was kinda bored. Not this year! I am so so busy. And Daniel is too. I think that before the quarter is over, we're gonna have to drop something. Sunday night I couldn't fall asleep. I just wasn't tired. But unfortunately I had to wake up at 7:00am on Monday morning. So I only got like 6 hours of sleep (not enough for me). Monday I felt terrible. I barely made it through class. In biology I couldn't keep my eyes open at all and my head hurt. By spanish at 11:00 I was just trying to push through. I felt guilty because I always try to put in 100% in my classes and everything, but I was just not into it. And spanish requires a relatively high amount of participation. When class got out I went straight to bed. I slept for an hour and a half. And lucky for me, Daniel called to wake me up. I probably would have slept right through my lab at 2 if it weren't for him. I didn't eat lunch, but I didn't care because I got a nap in and it made me feel a little better. But the lab made me very angry.

I worked very hard on my pre-lab, making sure that I did exactly what I was supposed to. I paid attention in class and read the background information like 5 times so that I could incorporate it into my pre-lab. At the beginning of class we lined up in front of the TA so she could check it over and give us a grade. She gave me a 3/5. In fact, she gave every person except one a 3/5. I was pissed. I did exactly what I was told by my professor in the lecture. But for some reason this incompetent lab TA felt that I didn't. How can she mark me off when I had no idea what I was supposed to do?! So once we all sat back down, in typical Rachel fashion, I raised my hand and complained. I told her that I thought I was speaking for all of us when I say that we did what we understood to be acceptable and it is unfair to mark off points. After the whole class piped in and agreed, she said that she would check with her supervisor and see about giving us the points back. I doubt that will happen. Grrrr.

This weekend I went shopping with a bunch of the girls in Nelson. We went to Fascinations. I think it was the craziest thing I have ever done. Just walking in was a little nerve-wracking (especially when there are like middle-aged men in there - creepy!) but then I got used to it. So the five of us giggled and had a good time making fun of all the stuff there. I particularly enjoyed the halloween costumes. I think we might go back and buy some before the halloween parties here on campus. Or maybe not.

Today was the first day of choir. I think I'm really going to enjoy it. Last year I sort of felt like I didn't fit in with the other girls. They all knew each other from first quarter, but I didn't know any of them. Well now I know all of them because a bunch of them are RAs in Nelson and it turns out a ton of them are science majors too. So this year I'm in the "choir clique". Today I made sure to introduce myself to a bunch of the newbies so they wouldn't feel left out like I did. We have 50 girls in choir. That's a lot. And we have a new director. Last year she was on maternity leave/sabbatical, so we had an interim director. I really liked him, and I think I will like her too. We are doing a song by Eric Whitacre (I know Nicole loves him). It's five Hebrew love songs that he wrote for his wife. I think it's kind of cute because Daniel's Jewish and all. We are also doing a song that I accompanied my high school choir on a few years ago. And some other stuff that I've never heard before. Unfortunately this year we all have to buy brand new choir dresses. I was mad last year that I had to buy one for like $70 and then pay an extra $10 to hem it. And now I have to buy another. Who knows what I will do with last year's. Halloween costume perhaps? At least I'll always have something to wear to a funeral. Bleh.

I should be doing homework. Or perhaps my job.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beth said...

oh my gosh i am glad i was in a different state when you only had 6 hours of sleep.

If you buy a sexy halloween costume please send me a picture. (i am not saying that in a creepy way).