Friday, September 19, 2008

Sleep and Cold Stone ice cream cake...these are some of my favorite things!

Wednesday ended up being a horrible day. My 8am class wasn't terrible, but I literally couldn't keep my eyes open in my 10:00 class. I didn't even go to my 11:00 class. I went back to sleep for over 3 hours. By the time I woke up, I was so disoriented and groggy and most of my day was completely wasted. The only productive thing I got done was laundry. Daniel didn't get to take a nap, so he was ready to go to sleep by 10:00, which made me also go to bed at 10:00. It's hard to get anything done in the dark whlie trying to be quiet. It was amazing how great I felt on Thursday after getting a full night's sleep. It was the first day this week that I felt like I had enough sleep. I woke up when my alarm went off without feeling groggy. I was in a good mood all day, I didn't fall asleep in any of my classes, and I had energy. I'm really going to try to get more sleep from now on. I don't remember anything from biology because I was falling asleep every single day in that class. It doesn't do any good to be there if I'm just sleeping through it anyways.

So besides being in a good mood and having lots of energy, yesterday was a very fun day too. I took a really easy quiz in biology and then did a quick review in spanish for our first test on Monday. In pschology we learned about some really interesting stuff, and I paid close attention in class (probably because my wireless internet wasn't working). I feel like I really helped some of the students in the NATS class and choir was fun. There's two songs that we are doing that I really don't like right now. But I think that's just because they are hard. So as I learn them better, I will probably like them better too. What made it even better is that Catherine (my choir director) let us out 20 minutes early! And even better than that, Daniel also got out early, so I didn't have to wait for him. And then, even better is that Daniel told me we are going downtown to this really nice pizza place for dinner because it's Jeff's last night working there. It was delicious. When we came home, we decided to watch a movie and just relax because it's Thursday night and we don't have any homework due tomorrow. I discovered that Eric has never seen the movie Saved so I convinced him that he has to see it. So he invited Emma and the four of us went to the theme room and watched it. I love that movie. It is hilarious. And I can totally relate to both sides. Then some more people wandered into the theme room and we just hung out until bedtime.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part of my week. Well, maybe not the best, but certainly a really good part. On Wednesday night, I was craving this ice cream cake that I used to buy from Cold Stone in Boston all the time. So on a whim, I decided to go and get one. So each day since then, I cut myself a little piece and enjoy the deliciousness. It brings back lots of memories from Boston. My little tiny falling-apart dorm room. And Daniel coming to visit for my birthday.

Oh, that reminds me. I'm turning 20 in six weeks. I'm going to be 2o! I don't think I'm old enough to be 20. That's ironic isn't it? Well I don't feel 20 anyways. I'm excited for my birthday though. Last year, it just didn't feel like my birthday because I was so far away from home and Daniel and my family and especially Nicole. But this year I know it will be better. I might even have a party or something.

I'm working tonight from 5pm-9pm at Nagel and then 11pm-1am with Daniel at Nelson. So I will probably be blogging again. This blog was very disorganized and jumbled. But I guess that's the way my brain is working today. Good thing I don't have any tests.

No comments: