Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whew!

Well today was much better than yesterday.  It was almost like a day off of school.  No chemistry, biology was optional, spanish was a test that only took like 30 minutes, no NATS, and then Physics after dinner.  I did end up going to biology because I wasn't 100% sure it was optional, and I didn't want to miss anything important.  It ended up being really helpful.  We're doing photosynthesis right now which is quite a complicated process.  So the entire class was us asking questions and her answering them.  There were only maybe 25 people there which is a lot less than our usual 80-90 so I got to ask many questions.  Then at the end she asked us a couple example test questions and I understood all of them really well.  I feel so much better about that material.  Too bad it's only one chapter out of 4 on our next test.  The spanish test went really well, so I was happy about that.  

Poor Daniel is getting sick.  I can tell when he's sick because he snores really loud at night.  It sounds so painful on his throat.  I don't know what to do to make him stop snoring.  It's keeping me awake at night, but he gets really mad when I wake him up and tell him he's snoring.  He just says "no, you're snoring."  It's kind of funny actually.  When he woke up his voice was pretty hoarse and he didn't feel well.  I'm glad because it means he stayed home a lot more today. :-)

Every Thursday he has a meeting with his boss, Jessica.  Today she told him to let me know that I could come talk to her about my RA interview.  She knows the person who is interviewing me and had some ideas of things to say, and more importantly, not to say.  I am so glad I went and talked to her.  I realized that I had not thought about what I was going to say at all.  Jessica gave me some really good things to say and I have thought about some more things to say.  I didn't realize how competitive it is.  It sounds like about half the applicants will be offered positions.  But I don't want any old RA position, I want to be in Nelson or Nagel.  So I have to emphasize certain things that are only in Nelson and Nagel to make sure I get those buildings.  Unfortunately, there's a good chance that Daniel will get either Nelson or Nagel, and they probably won't put us on the same staff.  So that leaves just one building that I can be hired in.  I really hope I get the building I want.  Ideally, Daniel would be DM of Nagel and I would be an RA in Nelson.  That way we would both live in Nelson, and he would work right next door.  He would get one of the beautiful apartments on the fifth floor too.  A close second would be both of us getting RA in Nelson, but that's a long shot.  Jessica said that if we are engaged, that would help our situation, but she still can't guarantee we would be on the same staff.

Daniel has big plans for Valentine's Day and he won't tell me anything.  I know that he won't propose, because he doesn't have the ring yet.  I'm super excited though.  Daniel is such a romantic and he comes up with so many great ways to surprise me.  I can think of so many times in the past that he has made me so happy by surprising me.  I know that it will take "all day" as Daniel has said, and I'm going to get some sort of mystery "wake-up call" and it will end with him making me dinner.  It sounds very suspicious, but I'll just have to wait and see.  Stay tuned and I'll write all about it!

Now I'm off to Starbucks and a show with Hope.  One of her friends in the Theatre department is putting on a show tonight about dating and love.  It should be really good.  I love this time of year.  Everything is about LOVE!!

No comments: