Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Major stress

I am about one step away from having a complete and utter anxiety attack. I have terrible grades in all my classes, I forgot to turn in my chemistry homework this morning, I have to figure out my schedule for next quarter, I have a spanish test tomorrow with about a million vocabulary words to memorize. I feel so overwhelmed. Not because I have a lot of homework, but just because I feel like no matter what I do I can't get good grades and I'm going to get Cs this quarter and that's going to bring down my GPA and I really don't want that! I can't concentrate in any of my classes because all I can think about it how horrible my mid-term grades were and what I need to do to bring up my grades and how many tests I have until the end of the quarter. Basically I have to get like 100% on every single test I have for the rest of the quarter. That's a lot of pressure. I am freaking out!

Now I'm thinking about all this and maybe I need to cut back on hours at work, or take less classes next quarter. How am I going to handle all this stress and be an RA next year? I just keep adding more and more. Maybe I shouldn't take choir, but I really want to. Maybe I should quit one of my jobs, but I want the money. Maybe I should take less credits, but that's a waste of tuition money and it will take me longer to graduate. But I don't know if I can keep going with the schedule I have right now.

2 comments:

Emily Delster said...

One of the greatest lessons I have learned (and continue to learn) since entering "adulthood" is my limitations. I think every person at some point or another hits this wall where you have so much going on and not enough hours in the day... you really have to decide what's important!

I feel your stress and I know it sucks! It will get better! Praying for you. At least you know no matter what you do that you have tons of people who care about you and are proud, and that is always a nice feeling ;)

Nicole said...

Sorry you're so stressed. I just got through that. Just know that it will all be over in a couple weeks. Push through it so you don't have regrets when it's over and you're partying at Beth's wedding =)