Thursday, February 5, 2009

Venting my Stress

I had about a million things to do today and I sort of had a mini-break down this afternoon.  Unfortunately, Daniel ends up being the person that I usually take it out on.  But he's so great, he understands that it's just because I'm stressed and instead of getting upset with me for snapping at him, he just asks what he can do to help.  And he even offerred to cook dinner for me tonight since he's going to miss me so much when I'm gone this weekend.  It was delicious too!  I had to do some homework that I completely forgot about until like an hour before it was due.  I also wanted to do laundry since I won't be here this weekend to do it, and pack, and print out my boarding pass, find a ride to the airport (which turned out to be very difficult), and I had to find time to study for my biology mid-term.  Besides all that, I was majorly stressed out because I had a physics mid-term tonight that I was really nervous for.  Poor Daniel.  He has to listen to me complain and stress out and then I get upest with him.  I try so hard not to, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed.  Luckily for him, I was also in a really good mood because I'm going home!  I'm going to make brownies, and cookies, and cinnamon rolls, and pumpkin bread, and basically just stay in the kitchen all weekend and bake.

Last night Daniel spent a lot of time with his friend Jeff (who we discovered did not tell on us after all.... though I'm not convinced he didn't have anything to do with it at all).  And they were talking about how he's going to propose.  I guess Jeff made him watch like 5 different proposal scenes in different movies.  They discussed all the possibilities like public or private, etc.  So when he came home he asked me.  I told him that I definitely want him to talk to my parents and grandparents first.  He thinks that's really old-fashioned and unnecessary, but it's important to me.  And I also want it to be in private.  I don't like the idea of him getting down on one knee and everyone around us stopping what they're doing and staring at us and clapping and stuff.  That's too much attention and pressure for me.  And finally, I want it to be in a situation where I can go show my friends and family afterwards.  Ideally, he would plan to have both of our families waiting to have dinner with us that night or something like that.  I definitely don't want it to be in some ordinary place like in his room or out to dinner at a place we go to all the time in Denver.  It should be something more special than that I think.  I may be overthinking this whole process slightly, but it's a story that I'm going to tell my kids and everyone else for a long time, so it should be well thought out.  Actually, now that I think about it, I don't even know how my dad proposed to my mom.  Or how my grandpa proposed to my grandma.  I don't think my grandparents made it a big deal.  They were really young, I know that.  And my grandpa was going off to basic training so it was probably a logistical thing more than a romantic thing.  I don't want that at all.

Well I'm pretty much packed, and super excited!  I'm going to Phoenix where it's nice and sunny and warm!  It's kind of funny that it was almost 70 degrees here today!  It's like Phoenix came here to greet me!

No comments: