Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Estress and Estrain

I continue to get more and more overwhelmed and frustrated with school.  I just can't seem to bring my grades up.  They keep going down and down and down.  I got an 81% on my spanish test.  That's the worst grade I have ever gotten on a spanish test.  Next week I have a chemistry and biology test.  I have already started studying a lot for those.  I am absolutely determined to get good grades.  I really need something like that to encourage me.  At this point I have even contemplating changing my major to something else.  Biology in particular seems to be so difficult.  I try so hard to concentrate in class and I study the material, but somewhere there's a disconnect.  I can't spit it back out on tests.  We took a 7 question quiz and I got like 5-6 of them wrong.  Good thing our two lowest quizzes are dropped or I would be freaking out right now.  I have spent every free moment this week studying and doing homework.  I hate that because I wake up in the morning in a terrible mood because all I have all day is classes, studying, homework, and more of the same.  And no matter how much I study, my grades don't improve.  

In light of all this, my registration strategy for next quarter has changed.  I have thought seriously about how to decrease my work load so that I can really concentrate on my important (science) classes and get good grades.  Luckily after this quarter I am done with spanish.  I realy enjoy psychology and child development so that will be my fun class, though it will also be a lot of work I'm sure.  Then I'll take biology and chemistry.  Art history and choir are still up in the air.  I'm not registered for either one right now, but that may change.

Other than that, I've been spending some time with friends.  I helped Daniel and his fraternity brothers plan their formal.  We are going to have it up in Estes Park at the exact spot Daniel and I hope to get married!  Their reunion cabin is perfect for formal.  It's one price for the kitchen, dining room, dance floor, and bedrooms for all the guests.  We'll all be in one spot together.  And, unlike many other big cabins we looked at, they will allow us to rent it for just one night.  Daniel called and they had exactly one Saturday open, and that was the exact Saturday that Theta Chi wanted!  It worked out perfectly.  Since the reservations are in Daniel's name (we didn't want to really tell them that it was a fraternity party), we will get to go up and take pictures before everyone else gets there.  I think it will be really fun.  But it's not until April 11.  I'm trying to get Hope and a few of my other girl friends to go so it will be more fun for me. Apparently some of the guys have already invited a bunch of Delta Zetas to come with them.  I don't know any of them though.  Tonight I'm going to one of my floor events.  Kaitlynne and Nikki planned a program to teach their residents how to make dumplings!  I'm excited.  It sounds delicious.  And I don't get to cook very often, so it'll be nice to get into the kitchen and cook a little.  

Today I bought a kit to make molecular models for organic chemistry.  My professor uses them all the time in class and I couldn't really do my homework without them, so I gave in and bought it.  It's kind of fun holding up this model and turning it all different directions and rotating the bonds.  It makes me look really smart too :-)  My professor said we could use it on the test, so hopefully it will really help.  But then again, we only have 50 minutes for the test so I can't be sitting there taking it apart and putting it together for every single problem.  But it will help on the homework anyways.

The title of this blog entry makes me laugh.  Nobody else gets it, but I do and it makes me laugh.  And that's all that matters.  You know what else makes me laugh?  This video: 

No comments: