Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Unexpected free time

Today turned out to be a much better day than I thought it would.  I didn't get much sleep last night.  Probably because Daniel didn't get much sleep.  At 1:05am he got a call from the front desk telling him he was supposed to work now.  He forgot.  So that woke me up.  Then he woke me up again when he came home at 4am.  He was tossing and turning all night so I couldn't really fall back asleep.  I had class at 9 so I had to get up at 8 while he didn't have class until 11 so he slept in.  I hate it when that happens because I have to leave all the lights off and be really quiet.  Well, I don't have to, but I'm sure Daniel appreciates it.

So anyways, I didn't get much sleep last night and my Wednesdays are usually pretty packed.  Chemistry 9-10, Biology 10-11, Spanish 11-12, work 12-1, mail 1-2, lab 2-4.  So I woke up thinking "I'm so tired and I won't be able to go back to bed until after 4!"  However, biology was just a review day so we got out 30 minutes early.  I spent that 30 minutes studying for our exam tomorrow and went to spanish.  It turns out that my spanish professor really was sick yesterday, and today she wasn't feeling much better, so she let us out 15 minutes early.  And the mail didn't arrive on time, so I didn't even have to do that from 1-2.  I ended up with a lot more free time than I expected.  And I got to spend a lot of that time with Daniel.  It's kind of funny because we had a three day weekend, then almost all my classes got cancelled yesterday, and today I got let out early of two of my three classes.  This week has been crazy.

Today was room change day.  Anyone who lives on campus can go to the student center and choose any available room to move into.  Any double that is only occupied by one person, or an empty single.  I had been thinking about moving to Nelson just for convenience.  At this point I'm almost never in my room because it's so out of the way.  And I don't have access to Nelson from the garage because you have to swipe into the elevators.  So today I decided just to see what's open, and I moved!  There was a room open right in between Daniel's room and Hope's room on the second floor.  I don't know much about the girl that lives there except she's really quiet and antisocial.  I pass that room about 10 times a day going from the lobby to Daniel's room, so it will be a lot more convenient.  Right after I switched rooms, Daniel and I decided to knock on the door on our way back to his room.  We heard noise and saw the light change behind the peep hole and at the crack at the bottom of the door.  So we know she was in there.  But she wouldn't open the door.  So we just left her alone.  I guess she's really REALLY antisocial.  I hope she doesn't hate me for taking the unoccupied half of her double.  Oh well it's not like I'll be there that often anyways.

Besides that I had lab today which went smoothly and I actually got the results I was supposed to.  That never happens in chemistry labs.  Organic chemistry is notoriously hard, but all my friends who have taken it in the past said that the professor is really great and it's not too hard as long as you do the homework and study.  And it has been really easy until this week.  We started doing hybridization and orbitals and I have to really struggle to understand.  It doesn't help that I have to write down the notes as fast as I can before he goes on to the next slide.  I can't even concentrate on what he's saying because I'm trying to write so quickly.  But I did really well on the homework, so I guess I understand it somewhat.

I have a spanish "composicion" due on Monday and a physics paper due Thursday.  I hate hate hate writing.  Especially if it's in a foreign language.  At least now I feel like learning spanish will be beneficial.  It will definitely come in handy while we're in Spain.  I'm so excited for Europe!  But, I'm having second thoughts about the proposal.  I kind of want it to happen in Europe because that's so romantic and special.  But on the other hand, I would also love to be able to show my family and my friends the next day and call my sister and tell her and write it on facebook and everything.  I won't really be able to do all that from Europe.  I guess in the end it's not up to me lol.  But that doesn't stop me from daydreaming about it constantly!

Recently some "friends" gave me advice on marriage.  They told me to slow down and not be in such a hurry to get married.  I found that rather ironic and hypocritical because they both knew their husbands less than a year before they got married.  I have known Daniel now for over 7 years and we've been dating for over 6 years.  I don't think that's "rushing" into anything.  I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying anything.  I know they didn't mean anything rude, but I didn't ask their advice and I definitely don't want to hear that I should wait longer.  I'm already waiting until I graduate; that's long enough.  That's longer than many other people waited anyways.  Sorry if that was rude, but obviously it's a touchy subject for me.

Oh goodness I hate fire drills.  Yet another reason not to live on campus.  Adios!

No comments: