Friday, January 9, 2009

All work and no play

I have worked way too many hours today. And I'm in a bad mood because of it. I woke up at 8, class from 9-11, work from 11-4. Then I rented my snowboard and got back just in time for Daniel to leave. I grabbed a quick dinner, packed up my stuff for the weekend, and I'm back at the desk now watching everybody leave all dressed up to go to various parties off campus. Usually I'm pretty motivated while I'm working. I get lots of homework done and am very productive. But tonight it seems that my mind keeps wandering and I don't really want to do anything. I have some physics homework that's due on Thursday that I should get started on. My professor practically did them in class yesterday, but all of that seems to have drifted from my brain in the last 24 hours. I just can't concentrate on anything!

Daniel and a bunch of my other friends are all at RA training tonight. So nobody is keeping my company at the desk. Usually on Friday night there's a few of us playing games or watching The Office or House. But tonight it's just me. And I'm lonely. As soon as I get off and Daniel's done with training we're going to drive up the mountain to Keystone. Robert and Evan are already up there. When I rented my board it got me excited. I really really REALLY hope I can finally learn how to board the real way. I want to be good. Not really good, just good enough. And after two days up there and spending money that I shouldn't be on lift tickets, it MUST happen. Or I will be disappointed and may just give up and try skis. I'm just rambling now.

It's interesting to see different peoples' reactions to mine and Daniel's relationship. In the last week or so we've met some new people and by various means they have learned about our relationship and the probability of us getting engaged soon. Some of them are like "No you are waaaay too young" and other people are like "I'm so excited for you! You're so lucky!" Of course I tend to agree with the latter. But I can understand the former. I think they just are shocked and aren't used to us yet. People who have known us a long time realize that it isn't so crazy. But it kind of hurts my feelings all the same. Humans are so judgmental by nature and it's hard to overcome. At Daniel's staff meeting on Wednesday, they had a "show-and-tell" time. He brought the scrapbook I made him for graduation. It has pictures of us from 8th grade all the way through prom and graduation. One of our friends looked at it and actually cried. She's a hopeless romantic lol.

Aaaaggghhhh I'm tired and bored. 90 minutes to go.

1 comment:

Emily Delster said...

girl.. you are NOT too young. lol i was already married at your age and it was the BEST decision i EVER could have made!!!! when you know you want to marry someone and you can afford to do it, especially if you are mature like you and daniel and know each other very well, i say more power to ya and you are one of the lucky ones. you will get to spend the MAJORITY of your life with the one you love rather than waiting around for him to show up... hehe! you are lucky, embrace it :)