Friday, January 16, 2009

Ramblings at work

I'm back at work and I'm not feeling too well today. I think I was out a little too late last night and maybe had a tiny bit too much to drink. But I have a very busy day, so I can't think about that.

I'm so glad it's the weekend. My classes this week were unusually boring and I was so busy I never had time to do anything but work and homework. And it's only the second week of school! Well I'm 1/5 done with this quarter and only 8 weeks to go. I like quarters because ten weeks really does go by quickly.

We have a three day weekend because of Martin Luther King Day on Monday. We don't have class, so of course I took like 8 extra hours at work. But I owe one of my co-workers because she took 8 of my hours last weekend when I went snowboarding. But one day this weekend I'm going to go out with Hope. We want to go shopping and out to lunch and maybe a movie. I have worked a ridiculous number of hours the past two weeks and we get paid next Friday so I know it's going to be a big check. I want to get some new clothes. It's definitely my weakness. And of course a ton of it will go towards Europe. We are close to $2500 now which will buy both our plane tickets and Eurail passes. So from here on out it's just room and board. Most museums in Europe are free. And that's all money that we have saved up all by ourselves. I'm still not sure exactly how much my grandparents are going to contribute.

I start RA classes today. I'm really not looking forward to that. Based on Daniel's description, it's a bunch of get to know yourself, community building crap. I hate that stuff. I wish they would just tell us 'this is what the job is', 'this is what you have to know' and give us a test on it. I could do that in one day! Instead I have to go to these classes and play all these games and stuff for 2 hours each week. Yuck. But once I'm an RA it will be worth it. I guess. I hope.

No comments: