Thursday, January 8, 2009

The In-laws are here!

At about noon today Daniel picked up his brother and his dad from the airport. They're in Denver today and then going up to the mountain tomorrow to spend the weekend skiing. It's so nice to have them here. My family has never come to visit, so it's really exciting that some extended family are here. I showed them around my dorm and we had lunch in there. We showed them our room but then Daniel and I had class. Daniel's dad took us out to dinner to the most famous burger place in Denver, "The Cherry Cricket". It was delicious! Unfortunately, just as we were finishing up eating I got a call from the front desk telling me that I am supposed to be at work. Oops. So we rushed back and here I am. Luckily I have some wonderful co-workers who covered for me for ten minutes. They were so sweet about it too.

Tomorrow I have a couple classes and I'm working a couple hours. After 9pm when we both get off work, we are going to drive up to Keystone and spend Saturday and Sunday skiing. Robert (Daniel's dad) got a hotel room in the resort for the weekend. They are very expensive and very nice. It's so convenient to roll out of bed and practically be on the slopes already. And we can take a break if we want to, there's not as much pressure to ski all day. I hope to finally master toe turns and get to the point where I can enjoy myself up on the mountain. It's absolutely beautiful up there when everything's covered in snow. And there's something about being outside, exercising in the mountain air when it's cold that makes me feel so healthy and happy. I think that's because I grew up in a desert.

So I think I will be having a lovely weekend. :-)

No comments: