Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm still sick

The antibiotics weren't helping. Actually, I was getting worse. So I went back to the doctor yesterday morning and sure enough it's a sinus infection AND a virus. I have a lesion on my left tonsil causing my sore throat, and mucus in my chest. Gross. So I'm supposed to rest and stay in warm places and take really hot showers. He also said to not go to work on Monday and to rest. However, depending on how I am feeling, I'm probably going to go. The good news is that I am feeling a little better today. My massive headache finally went away and my nose isn't plugged up constantly. Now if I could just get rid of this darn cough.

I should be at church right now. I have gone the past three weeks and really enjoyed it. But if truth be told, I really don't want to hear about young life camp. It really pisses me off that they went there. It kind of feels to me like it was really easy for Mike to just sign them up for another camp and he wouldn't have to do hardly any work or planning. But, perhaps I am misunderstanding. Either way, I don't want to hear about it. I went. A long time ago. So I know what they are going to say. And besides I get really hungry if I don't eat until I get home from second service.

I leave for vacation on Wedneseday morning. So I work two more days (assuming I go tomorrow) and then I'm free for two whole weeks! And I think we're going to a diamondbacks game on Tuesday night. Which means I have some packing to do tonight and tomorrow! I am so excited. It will be nice to be able to read a book out on the porch where it's beautiful up in the rocky mountains and just spend time with my family and friends. And as a bonus, Daniel is coming up a few days after we get there. So he'll be there with me for 5 days! And since it's a vacation with my parents, it's like we get to go on vacation together for free! I miss him. We haven't talked for more than like 5 minutes a day since he left. I can't wait to go on hikes and cook dinner and go mini-golfing with Daniel (and my parents). It will be lovely.

I'm hungry.

4 comments:

Emily Delster said...

"It really pisses me off that they went there. It kind of feels to me like it was really easy for Mike to just sign them up for another camp and he wouldn't have to do hardly any work or planning."

You have no idea how much we struggled with our camp options, prayed about it together, and finally came to the decision to go to young life camp. it had everything to do with the place that all the kids in youth group are in their faith right now, and honestly our youth group is healthier now than i think it has ever been, and i think it is because we went to that camp and kids opened up in a way that they never have before. just because young life camp wasn't the best thing for you doesn't mean that it's not the best thing for anyone else either- it was a very tough decision to make, we had to do tons of fund raising for it which was a huge pain in the butt; if anything, going to young life camp was the harder choice. mike works so hard.... 60 hours a week plus full time school. it is very hard to hear criticism like this knowing what a struggle he goes through every day trying to give his all to the kids.

anyway, hope this doesnt seem mean, i just couldn't help but say something.

btw, you played really well tonight:)

-em

Anonymous said...

it sounded mean. just to let you know.

beth said...

I love you & your opinons :)

Rachel said...

Thanks :-) I love yours too. That's why we get along so well. We are both opinionated, but that doesn't mean we have to hate each other because we disagree. Or overreact about a dumb comment.