Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm sick

So that's what it takes for me to have time to post a blog. I stayed home from work today because I think my head just might explode. Yesterday I had a sinus headache all day. I fell asleep at like 8:00 and this morning I woke up and my throat was swollen shut. Gross. I really hate staying home from work. I feel like I'm ditching and it makes me feel guilty and unproductive. Not to mention daytime TV sucks. I have a doctor's appointment at 5:45 to find out if I'm contagious and what it will take to get me to feel better.

I have been so crazily busy since I got home from Denver. I have had maybe like 2 days to just stay home and relax. But, strangely enough, I kind of like it. Being home today makes me really appreciate having something to do during the day. I'm so glad I don't sit at home like this every day.

This weekend was really fun. On Saturday I had Erin's wedding. I wasn't really looking forward to it. In fact, I was a little bitter because it was taking up my whole day. But I really had a good time at the reception, and I always have a good time hanging out with bells people (especially Sarah and Dee, and yes, my sister). Erin's wedding was beautiful, although I would have picked different bridesmaid dresses and probably a different church. However, I am almost willing to buy Erin's wedding dress to wear to my wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous. It made me rethink entirely what I was envisioning for myself. The reception was beautiful and delicious and dancing was a blast thanks to all the other single gals. Weddings do make me a little depressed, however. I really want to get married and everytime I see someone else get married I get jealous and really anxious to start planning my own. Only a few more years. I know they will go fast, too. And I want to wait until my wedding can be really beautiful and I'm not worried about every little cent I spend. Or my parents spend rather.

On Sunday, I went to church and heard Chris speak. I always like to hear what he has to say. Although I didn't really get a solid message out of it, I did understand that he was talking about community and specifically our church community. And I can definitely relate to that because I love our church community. It's great to go and know that so many people are interested in me and care about me. I also really liked breaking up into small groups. I enjoyed the other people I was with (Teresa Valdivia, Gena Martinello, Gena's sister (?), Emily Delster, and a guy named Ian). We decided to go around and say a goal that we have for our future. And then we shared prayer requests. It was nice. Then Daniel came over for the whole rest of the day which always puts me in a good mood. Aaron and Theresa Francis brought their boys over so they could run some errands and have dinner with friends. It was great to see the boys again. Kian knows my name so well, and Rylan is like a little ball of blubber! I just want to squeeze him. And I love it when he reaches out his arms to be picked up by me. And it was so cute for like an hour he just hung out on Daniel's lap. I think he likes Daniel's lap better because he can fit on it and just spread out. He almost fell asleep, but not quite. And the Cylwiks came over to chat about Estes Park this year. We meet them there almost every year. This year, I'm going with my parents from July 2-July 11. And Daniel meets us up there on the 7th.

On Monday we had volleyball and overall I had a great time. There were a few little things that kinda left me with bad memories, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I played pretty well, and our team won! That's always good.

So I think I'm all caught up now. I shall now go back to sleep. Goodnight. Or rather, Good afternoon I guess.

No comments: