Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Debriefing of my day

Daniel is sleeping on my bed while I write this at my desk. I think he's so cute when he's sleeping. I always just want to go lay down next to him and take a nap. Or give him a kiss right on the tip of his nose. The excitement from my internship has wore off now, and I can think logically again. When I went down to dinner my friends swore I was like shooting up cocaine or something. I was purely manic. That's the only way it can be described. After dinner I called my grandparents and they were really excited for me as well. Both them and Daniel told me not to give up just yet on that job, but I thought there was no way I would get it now. Well, I am happy to say that they were right and I was wrong.

Today was a great day. I woke up this morning very tired and groggy, but with the attitude that I was going to attack my psychology test. Daniel reviewed the material with me again yesterday, and I felt so ready to tackle that test. The test was long and exhausting, but overall I am really confident that I got an A. I did the short answer stuff first which was about 20 questions that I had to write 2-3 sentences for. Then I did the 81 multiple choice questions. It took me about an hour. My hand was really sore and my mind was tired, but I know I did well.

Then I came home and took a nap until lunch time at about 11:45. Daniel and I had a nice caesar salad lunch together and then walked over to mail our used textbooks and we got a really yummy jamba juice. I've never had that flavor before, but it was good! I think it was like strawberry surfrider or something like that. I'll definitely have to get it again.

Then at 1pm I had my American Religion final. Daniel again helped me review for this one earlier this afternoon. I was definitely ready for this one as well. My professor asked very broad questions and we had to write a short essay for three of them: one for Judaism, one for Catholicism, and one for African American religion. I knew exactly what to say and wrote plenty for each. I didn't bother with the extra credit question because I was tired and didn't have much to say on it. Again my hand hurt after writing three essays, but when I was done I went home and relaxed. My roommate moved out today so now the room is all mine for my last two nights here. Wow. Two nights left. Scary.

Tomorrow Daniel and I really have absolutely nothing to do. So we decided to take the public transportation over to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I think it'll be really fun. It's exactly the kind of stuff I'm really interested in. Dinosaurs, animals, space, etc. It might rain tomorrow, so we don't want to risk going to the zoo. Then that night I will wash my sheets and towels and do some last minute packing before Lexi takes all my stuff. And then I'm ready for my last final and my flight home on Thursday!

This weekend is going to be really great. Thursday night we're going out for a nice dinner after my plane lands. Friday I will probably get my hair cut, nails done, and maybe a facial. Just relax and unpack and settle in. Probably bake some cookies!! Then on Saturday I am so excited for national scrapbook day. Obviously I have an entire school year of pictures to work on spanning three cities all across the country, and there will be yummy food and great people that I haven't seen in such a long time and it will be good bonding time with my mommy. And Nicole might come too which I would really like. I'm really looking forward to spending time with her this summer. Over Christmas break we had such a good time together. Then on Sunday is a bridal show with Beth and Nicole (and maybe AJ? not really sure). I am definitely excited for that too!!! And then Sunday night the whole family is coming over and my Dad is cooking me an abundant spread of some of my favorite foods that are homecooked and I haven't eaten them in months. Then on Monday morning, bright and early, is my first day of work! Me going to work! A real job! That will look incredible on my resume and give me experience and not to mention $1000 at the end of the summer. I really hope they still give me time off for vacation in July. But if they don't, oh well. It's worth it.

Chocolate ice cream will just top off this day nicely. Too bad the D-backs are losing badly. If they won, that would just make the day perfect.

No comments: