Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goodbye, Denver (for now)

Well, I'm sitting here in my empty dorm room. It's kinda hard to believe I actually found a place for all my stuff. Let me tell you, it is quite difficult to fit everything you own into boxes and a suitcase. But I did it! Last night I slept in Daniel's room because Lexi took all my stuff, including my bedding. It was really nice. We watched two episodes of The Office on his computer and then went to sleep listening to the thunder and rain out the window. All night it was pretty chilly but we were bundled up under the covers. I couldn't sleep at all. Every couple of minutes I would think "tomorrow night I'll be sleeping in my bed in Arizona!" or "I can't believe I'm starting that job on Monday" or "I have to take a physics test tomorrow and I can hardly remember anything" and my heart would jump a little bit. It's very difficult to sleep with thoughts like that running through your head. Eventually I did fall asleep though. And I went to take my physics final. It was really hard. I have been so focused on moving out and going home that I really hardly studied at all. I felt like I was pretty well prepared and it's not like there's anything to really memorize for physics. But when I got the test today I freaked out. There were questions that I really had no idea what he was asking. But there were other questions that I knew really well. So we'll see. If I do really terrible, I will get a B in the class. But that's not such a tragedy, I can deal with a B.

So in one hour my RA is going to come and check me out and then it's off to the airport! It takes an hour to get there using the public transportation. I have my little box lunch that DU sells to the students and I'll eat that on my way there. I am a little worried about my suitcase being overweight, but I'll deal with that when I get there. I just remembered that I have to check in to my flight. So with that, I will say.... see you in Scottsdale!!

No comments: