Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I think I'm high on serotonin

So I don't have much time to write because I'm meeting Daniel and Eric and Lexi for dinner in five minutes, but I have to write this down now while it's fresh.

A few minutes ago, I got a call. It had a 623 area code, which is way north Phoenix. I was thinking, I bet it's Sun Health Research Institute finally telling me I didn't get the job. So I reluctantly answered, and sure enough it's Brian Browne, the guy in charge of picking the applicants. He told me that someone unexpectedly dropped out of the program, and I was their first alternate selection. He wants me to start as soon as possible!!!!! I told him that I'm still at school, but I get home Thursday evening. He told me to report to his office at 8:30am on Monday, and I'm all set. He is emailing me the acceptance letter and other information. I am floating on a cloud. After I hung up I literally got up and ran around my little tiny dorm room. I jumped up and down. I screamed. I can't even believe it. What a miracle! What is the liklihood that someone would drop out and I am their next choice??!! I can physically feel the chemicals running through my blood. I'm shaking. I called my Mom and I'm sure she thought I was having a heart attack because my voice came out all high and squeaky and I was like screaming at the phone. Then I called Nicole, then my Dad. Then Daniel called and I told him. I have to go to dinner now. more later.

No comments: