Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shopping and Vaginas

Yesterday was a great day. We had planned with a few friends to go up to Silverthorne/Keystone. We got up early (for a Saturday anyways) and met up with Hope before driving to pick up Daniel's alumni fraternity brother Paul. He lives in a house near campus. And we drove up to Silverthorne. Hope has never been there, but we told her about the outlet mall and the beautiful mountains at Keystone Ski Resort. So while the boys went skiing, Hope and I went shopping in town. Then we met back up with the boys and had coffee and enjoyed being up in the snow. It was a beautiful day. It was around 30 degrees, but nice and sunny so it didn't feel that cold.

Driving up there was nice as always because the scenery is so beautiful. I fall in love with Colorado every time we drive up to the mountains (which seems to be a lot lately). Hope and I squished in the backseat and Daniel drove with Paul next to him. It was a quick ride up and then we stopped to have lunch. We dropped Daniel and Paul off at Keystone, and we drove back to Silverthorne to go shopping. We started at banana republic, of course. I like the outlet even better than the real store! I grabbed like 15 things to try on. Everything was around $30-40 and everything was 30-50% off that price! It was great. I also looked for Daniel and bought him a really nice shirt. Then we went to this makeup store where they had clinique for like $5 off the normal price. I have looked everywhere for clinique, and this was the first time I saw prices that low, so I had to buy some. I bought Daniel this face scrub that he likes too. We stopped in Coach and wished we could buy everything there. And before we knew it, we had to go back and pick up Daniel and Paul. We decided to meet back at Keystone at 2 so Hope and I could stop at Starbucks and look around at the little shops they have there.

When we got back to Keystone, we had to find a spot to park. We found a spot and realized after we pulled in, why nobody parked there. There was a big rut in the snow down the middle and my tire got stuck in it. I was spinning my wheels trying to get out. I stopped, and Hope and I were like "Oh no what are we going to do?" But, we thought about it and decided to pull in further at an angle and then back out at an angle so we wouldn't get stuck in the rut again. It worked thank goodness. We went to starbucks first. The hot chocolate was delicious, but I burned my tongue. It still hurts. There was a little kind of carnival going on which was pretty fun to watch. There was a ventriloquist, a juggler, the Keystone mascots (Teddy Bear and Marty moose) and some high school girls dancing. Daniel and Paul found us and we were ready to go. But first we had to stop at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and get some dark chocolate-covered almonds. My favorite!

On the way back, we hit some really bad traffic. I had to work at 5 and Hope had to shower and everything before her show that night. We were completely stopped for almost an hour. We actually turned the car off and got out. We enjoyed watching the cars next to us. There were three in a row. The first car we named "open container" because they kept getting out and grabbing beers from their trunk. Then they went back two cars and offered some to the girl we named "tramp stamp" because of the tattoo on her back that we could see. In between then was "boring guys" because they were boring obviously. As we sat there, we saw so many people jump over the side of the highway and walk down a really steep hill. We assumed that they had to go to the bathroom. It was ridiculous how many people decided at that exact moment that they had to go. Then I realized I had to go to the bathroom. But I didn't want to go down there because I was afraid a guy would go at the same time and see me. Tramp Stamp actually went down there and then we saw a guy get out and walk down there. When she got back up we saw her say "a guy saw me pee!" so of course that made me not want to. It took me about 30 minutes to work up the nerve, but I finally did. Paul was very proud of me. We watched "open container" and "tramp stamp" flirt back and forth for a while. It was also weird how many people in the traffic jam were around our age. But it made for an interesting time.

It was about 4:40 when I realized I better get someone to cover my shift. I called a bunch of people, and finally Nate agreed. We started moving again and got back to campus about 6pm. We met Eric (Daniel's fraternity brother) for dinner at 6:30 and then went to see Hope in the Vagina Monologues. Daniel actually bought a chocolate vagina too. It was really.... awkward looking. Vaginas just don't make as good candy as penises I guess. Anyways, the show was awesome! Hope played an old lady who never had an orgasm after a "flood" down there when she was in high school. The whole show was great. I knew a few girls in it and they were all incredible. Daniel and I worked from 10pm-1am and then bedtime! It was such a fun day. Hope and I had a great time, and Paul always makes me laugh. What a great Saturday :-)

No comments: