Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My brain just may explode in the next week.

I just realized today that finals are in one week.  Eeek!!  I woke up very overwhelmed this morning and it did not help my concentration in class.  We haven't even completed one chapter in chemistry and we're taking a test next week.  It doesn't seem right.  In biology we took a quiz this morning.  I was really nervous for it because I haven't studied at all, and once again we have a brand new professor so I don't know what his test writing style is.  But it was super easy.  I looked over his powerpoints right before it and I probably got 5 out of 6 questions right, maybe even all of them right.  I'm missing two biology classes while I'm in Phoenix for the wedding, so I printed out like 50 pages from my textbook to read on the plane.  I really don't want to, but I have to because I'm missing the lectures.  The lectures are so much easier to stay awake for.  It's worth it to go home for the wedding :-)  

I also was really nervous for a spanish quiz I took today.  Everyone else is taking it tomorrow morning, but I can't so she let me take it today.  It's over stuff we just learned yesterday so I hardly had time to absorb it let alone memorize it.  Daniel tested me on it for 30 minutes right before I took the quiz, and I know I did really well on that.  So overall, I woke up feeling overwhelmed and unprepared, but I did surprisingly well on both quizzes today.  Now I have vowed to spend this weekend catching up on biology and preparing for the final on Thursday.  Then I can spend Thursday and Friday preparing for the chemistry final.  Spanish and Physics, I'm not really worried about.  Those take minimal studying.  More like cramming right before.

I am so ready for this quarter to be done.  This has been the hardest/most stressful quarter of my college career.  Even Boston University wasn't this stressful because for some reason I didn't even care about getting good grades.  Maybe I thought there was no possible way to get better grades, so I gave up.  But now I know that I can get As.  So I'm really upset with myself if I don't.

Every time I imagine seeing Beth in her beautiful dress, and getting my hair done, and walking down the aisle in my pretty pink dress, I get so excited!  I know it is going to be beautiful and then the reception is going to be a party!  I'm also really excited to see my sister and spend time with her.  I had a great time with her over winter break, and it's been months since I've seen her.  I think we're going to look really cute in our matching pink dresses.

Yesterday we got our RA letters.  I wasn't offered a job.  I have a couple theories as to why.  One, my choices of buildings were severely limited.  Pretty much only Nagel which has a staff of 12 minus whoever was there this year and wanted to come back next year.  Two, all the gossip surrounding Daniel and I (even though it was not true).  Three, they just didn't like me and I wasn't qualified.  Ironically, the room number on my letter said "291."  That's Daniel's room.  Interesting, because I definitely did NOT put that on my application.  I have no idea where they got that as my room number.  Maybe it's there way of saying, "this is why we didn't hire you."  I think that's really strange though.  And funny.  Anyways, I'm not upset at all, because now I won't feel guilty making my grandparents pay for my housing off campus next year.  They would have to pay either way.  And I wasn't going to accept the job anyways.  Now only Daniel will have to quit and they'll only have to find one replacement instead of two.  So that's all behind me.  Now I look toward the future and a my very first house.

No comments: