Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're engaged!

It's official!  And somehow, I had no clue.  Daniel and my entire family and all of my friends did a really good job hiding it.

He picked me up from the airport yesterday and instead of taking me back to campus, we drove up to Estes Park.  He told me that he was whisking me away on an adventure.  We stopped for dinner and then went up to this beautiful hotel in Estes Park.  It was a huge suite with a private deck that looked out on fall river.  It was so beautiful.  We woke up this morning and packed up our stuff.  Then we went for a walk.  We got back and sat out on our little porch by the river.  Daniel pulled out a piece of paper with the top ten reasons why we're a good couple.  It was so cute and romantic, but I totally didn't think he was going to propose because I didn't think he had the ring yet!  But he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  At first I didn't even answer!  He put the ring on my finger and I was like "How did you get it?"  But he asked again and I was like Yes!  Of course!  And we hugged and kissed.  And then he told me the whole story.  Everybody knew.  Everybody here in Denver, my entire family.  Everybody except me.  I couldn't stop looking at the ring and saying how beautiful it is.  Then Daniel was like, "What about me?"  and I laughed.  Of course I'm thrilled that we're finally engaged!  He cried just a little tiny bit when I said yes.  I was too shocked to cry.

When I went home to go to Beth's wedding shower, his mom gave me  a valentine's day gift for both of us.  It's Rosen tradition to give underwear for holidays, so that was one of the gifts.  Without me knowing, Daniel's mom slipped the diamond inside his underwear!  So I took it back to Denver.  Then, while I was home for Beth's wedding, Daniel took it to the jewelry store and him and his fraternity brother Eric picked out the setting.  While I was in Phoenix over spring break, he picked up the ring and got all my work shifts covered and even invited all of our friends to come to a party tonight to celebrate our engagement!  All without me knowing!  

We drove back to Denver and I was so overwhelmed and surprised.  Then we got back to his room and he knocked on the door instead of sliding his key.  I thought that was really strange and then Nicole opened the door!  She was in Daniel's room!  I cannot tell you how surprised I was and how happy that she is here.  She has never been to campus and now she gets to see where we live and meet all my friends and everything.  It was such a great surprise.  Daniel is so good at all that romantic stuff.  It was perfect :-)  They told me that Daniel picked her up at the airport, brought her back here and then turned around to go pick me up.  She was here the whole time without me knowing!  Now I have about a million things to do before our special dinner tonight at Maggianos- my favorite!  I haven't even called my family yet, but I will.  Daniel's mom helped a lot with the preparations.  She even bought us a ton of engagement announcements and sent out 125 already!  Good thing I said yes lol.  The ring is gorgeous and I love it :-)  I'm so happy.

2 comments:

Chris Wickersham said...

pictures hello!
Congrats!

Chris Wickersham said...

oh, this is Aimee btw! haha