Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why don't I feel happier?

I'm done with winter quarter 2009.  The hardest quarter yet.  So why aren't I jumping for joy?  

This morning I woke up at about 7am feeling extremely nauseus.  For two hours I laid in bed wondering when I was going to throw up and be done with it.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) it never happened.  So when my alarm finally went off at 9:15, I knew I had to get up regardless of how I felt.  I figured I'll just push through the nausea and when I'm done with my final, I can come back and go to bed.  I felt a little better after a shower.  It was almost like every few minutes, my body remembered that it was nauseus and I felt it really bad for like a second and then I was okay again.  Really strange.  When I got to the classroom, I let the proctor know that I wasn't feeling well so if I ran out of the room she would know why.  And about 2/3 of the way through, I did get up and run.  I seriously thought I was going to throw up right in the middle of the test.  I couldn't find the bathroom, and I ran right into my professor.  I asked him where the bathroom was and he pointed.  I didn't throw up, and after a few moments I felt better enough to go back in and finish it.  Needless to say, I rushed through the test and wasn't really concentrating as much as I could have been.  I made an educated guess on half the problems.  So I do not feel happy about it at all.  All the studying I did was wasted because my body decided to get sick that morning.  And the worst part is that about 30 minutes after I got home, I felt a whole lot better.  

So I had lunch with Daniel, Hope, and Jeff, hoping that food would make me feel better.  And it did.  Hope and I went to the mall.  We both had coupons for Victoria's Secret.  That was really fun.  And on our way out, we stopped at the jewelry store to look at engagement rings.  Hope is the perfect friend to look at diamond rings with.  She's such a romantic.  In less than an hour, we'll head to the airport.  

The only thing that makes me feel better is that even though I think I did terrible on the exam, I still think I probably did better than most.  I'm really happy as long as I beat the average.  But we'll see.  I really have almost no idea what my grades will be this quarter, and that kind of scares me.  Now I need to stop thinking about that, and look forward to a relaxing week in sunny Phoenix.  I'll probably go shopping, spend time with my mom, get a haircut (which I desperately need- my hair is driving me insane!)  and see some old friends.  It will be a well-deserved break I think.  And then I get to start all over.

1 comment:

Chris Wickersham said...

That same thing happened to me when I took the GRE. I was doing the math portion of the test and I had to get up and run to the bathroom. I ralphed all over the bathroom, cleaned myself up, and went back to finish the test. Hahahaha. Fun times.