Monday, March 23, 2009

Whirlwind Sunday!

Yesterday was quite an exciting day.  It was such a long day too.  Maggiano's was so much fun.  We had about 20 of our friends celebrate with us.  It was so cool to see all of these great friends that we've made and they are all so happy for us.  And it was awesome that Daniel's mom was so generous to buy all 20 of us a beautiful 3-course meal at Maggianos.  The waiter brought out an extra tray with 3 desserts for us.  And it was perfect because Nicole got to meet most of my close friends right there at dinner.  When we got home, I called my parents and grandparents.  I had no idea so many people knew.  Now that I look back, there were a few little hints, but nothing big enough to completely tip me off.  I can't believe that my parents and grandparents were talking about this right behind my back all week.  They did a good job hiding it.  And now there are little comments that I made and that other people made that seem totally different when I realize that they knew I would be getting a proposal in a few days.  

I went to my grandparent's house on Monday night and we ended up talking about rings.  Grandma pulled out her mother's ring and told me about it.  We had this whole 30 minute conversation about it.  And somewhere in there I told my grandpa that I told Daniel that he had to talk to him first about it before he proposed.  So he would know before I did when it was going to happen.  I even told him that he may even know right now, and just be playing dumb.  Of course I didn't think that was actually the truth!  But poor Grandpa was terrified that I knew.  He played it cool and didn't say anything though.  Daniel's parents also called yesterday.  His mom said she wanted to welcome me to the family and Daniel couldn't pick a better girl and she was crying the whole time.  It was so sweet.  And his dad said that now I get to be a double R just like him lol.  My parents said similar things to Daniel.  We are so lucky that our families get along so well and they are all so supportive.  I realize that we are very young, but everyone can see that this is not a rash decision and we truly love each other.  I just cannot believe how beautiful the ring is and that I get to wear it for the rest of my life!  I can't stop looking at it.  It makes it quite difficult to concentrate in chemistry :-)

Nicole went to biology with me.  It was much more fun with her there.  Well, as fun as biology can be.  I'm thrilled that she came.  It was the second biggest surprise after the proposal of course.  I'm done with class at 2 so we'll have to think of something fun to do this afternoon/evening.  Tomorrow morning she leaves :-(  And then it'll be back to normal boring life.  But with a fiancee!  

No comments: