Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend to end all weekends

This was an awesome weekend. And a terrible weekend. At the same time. Strange how that can happen, huh? Well I don’t want to talk about the bad part, so here’s the good parts. Friday night Daniel and I made chocolate covered strawberries together. And we had my favorite dinner: spaghetti! Then we went to Mesa to play volleyball. The drive there was fun too thanks to Mike and Emily :-) We won and then went to go swimming at one of my teammates house. I had a great time with Daniel. I was sooo tired that night, I slept very well. Then I woke up early the next morning so I had time to stop at Einstein’s and load my body up with carbohydrates before we won the volleyball tournament! I feel bad because I think the other team deserved to get first place. I mean, we beat them last year and honestly it could have gone either way both years. But, regardless, we did win and we got a gift certificate to applebees (for 20 dollars, split 9 ways ha) and a nice large trophy to be delivered at a later date. Then I went home and slept for a solid three hours. I am very sleep deprived during the week. That night I went to Daniel’s house for a party to welcome incoming DU freshman. We answered all their questions and told them all about DU. It was really funny because there were 9 freshmen I think and they were all typical scottsdalian kids. They’ll fit right in at DU. Sunday I went to church. I love going to church with Daniel. I love to watch him play bass. And we went out to lunch with Chris and Aimee. I feel like I never get to see them anymore, so that was nice. And I literally spent the rest of the day at Daniel’s house watching the Olympics. It’s weird how I like to watch the Olympics, but never any other professional sports on TV. I am really enjoying it this year though because a lot of the athletes are my age. It makes me wonder where I could be right now if my life was a little different. Well someone just came in with blood, so I have to go process it and stick it in the freezer.

No comments: