Thursday, August 7, 2008

bored at work...

I’m writing this at work. I don’t have anything to do right now, so I don’t really feel guilty blogging. (Plus, my boss is at lunch so he won’t know). I feel terrible because yesterday I did a test that turned out completely blank. Three days and tons of reagents just wasted. Doug thinks it’s because the PCR machine isn’t working right. But, I can’t help blaming myself. No matter what he says I’m afraid it’s my fault. I was really carefully with everything I did and I really thought it would turn out. I’ve done this test like 10 times and it has never come out blank. But as Doug said “it’s all part of the learning process”. Sigh.

I made brownies last night. It makes me really happy to have something yummy to finish off lunch at work. And it makes me look forward to lunch even more than I already do. This morning I though I was going to faint around 11:30 but I wanted to finish what I was doing before I went to lunch. I thought I would end up eating by myself, but when I got to the break room there was a guy there that works in a different lab on our floor. Turns out his son goes to Horizon. He’s going to be a junior this year. So we talked a lot about Horizon. And we’re neighbors too! He lives on 60th and T-bird. That’s kind of exciting. If I ever need a ride home from work, I know who to ask now. His son is on the football team. So we don’t have that much in common. But it was still fun to talk to him. He’s very nice.

It’s so funny how working here is kind of like a united nations meeting. In my lab, there’s Emily from China, Doug from Britain/Canada, Sherlin from India, Jason from Korea, and the guy I had lunch with is from Germany. And little old me from Scottsdale. Ha. It is really funny for me to listen to them talk to each other. They all have very different accents.

I should get back to work before Doug and Emily come back from lunch. V-ball tomorrow! We’re gonna WIN! (maybe) (probably not)

No comments: