Saturday, August 2, 2008

Feeling so relaxed

I had a facial today. It felt so good. I think I actually fell asleep for a little while. I love all the different smells. Today, I remember cinnamon, lemon, grapefruit, mint, coconut, pumpkin, and rose. And now my skin looks perfect. Which is great because Daniel is taking me dancing tonight! We are going to a swing club. For $5 you get a dancing lesson and when it's over, we get to use what we learned to dance all night. It sounds like a lot of fun. And I'm getting all dressed up and doing my hair and everything because I'm going out tonight! And before we go out, we are going to have a nice dinner. I am making chicken parmesan with fettuccine alfredo and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I made the strawberries earlier and they look delicious! It's very difficult to make them without eating any chocolate.

I have two weeks left of work, and then three weeks before I go back to school. But that kind of stinks because the day after I finish work, Daniel is leaving. So for those three weeks I will have endless amounts of time, but no Daniel to do anything with :-( But the good news is, my grandparents will be here so I can spend time with them before I go back to Denver.

On a side note, it is SO ANNOYING when my parents come up behind me when I'm on the computer. Even though I'm not doing anything bad, I just hate it when they come up and start talking to me while I'm on the computer. I feel weird having them see what I'm doing on facebook and writing on my blog and stuff. Another reason why I will not be living with them ever again after this summer (hopefully).

I got an email back from the Dean of the Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. I emailed her asking if they have any more scholarship money they can give me. She said no. They give away all the money they have in May. That sucks. My dad has been on me almost every day about getting more money because we can't afford what they want us to pay this year. It bothers me that he says that. I mean, how much did they just spend remodeling our entire kitchen? And he has been talking about getting a bigger TV. And we go out for dinner like 3 times a week. I mean, it's not like we're destitute here. We have plenty of money. And if it comes down to it, there are lots of things we can do to cut back to be able to afford my school. The reason I got less money this year is because my dad decided not to claim my brother on his tax return this year. So that means he claimed that we are only paying for two children in college instead of three. So the federal government gave us less money. It's mostly his fault that I'm in this situation. Yet he expects me to go to the ends of the earth to get more money. And what bothers me even more is that my parents have not asked Nicole to email anyone or check about getting more scholarship money. Her school does not cost any more than mine. They claim hers costs less because she is living off campus. But they are not counting the cost of her apartment, plus furnishing it, plus she doesn't have a meal plan so they will have to buy her food all year long. There's no way all of that adds up to that much less than mine. Just to be clear, I don't blame Nicole for that, I blame my parents. Specifically, my dad. Because he's the one that is freaking out every day and complaining that I chose a private school blah blah blah. By the way, my parents aren't even paying for school. My grandparents are. But my dad thinks that we can't hand them a bill for $25,000 and just expect them to pay it, plus the car they just gave me.

I'm not so relaxed anymore. Bleh. Time to make dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine costs less because I'm getting triple the financial aid you are.