Monday, August 18, 2008

change of plans

I decided that three weeks of sitting around the house doing nothing is too much. So I moved up my flight to next Wednesday. I was so surprised that Southwest doesn't charge anything to change your flight. You just have to pay the difference between the original flight and the new flight (if there is one). It ended up costing me about twice as much, but it's worth it to me. The dorms don't open until September fifth so I will stay in Daniel's room. He has RA training for Wednesda-Sunday. But the whole next week it's all freshmen orientation stuff so he doesn't have anything to do. And Eric and Lexi and a lot of my other friends are already there so I'll have plenty of people to hang out with. Daniel happened to mention to his friend and fraternity brother Jeff that I will be coming next Wednesday and he said that he has lots of stuff for me to work on while Daniel is at RA training. So it sounds like I will have plenty of things to do in Denver for 10 days until the dorms open and classes start. And I can unpack some of my stuff that will be going in Daniel's room.

I'm not really sure yet how the living arrangement is going to work out. I'm kind of thinking I might just end up living in Daniel's room. But, that might be a problem, because my ID doesn't work for his dorm. So unless he can get me a spare key, he will have to let me into the elevator or stairwell every time I need to get in. That's kind of a pain. So if he can't get me a spare key, I'll probably live half in my room and half in his. Right now I'm thinking I will have my bed made and some spare clothes and stuff in my room in Nagel, but most of the stuff I use every day will be in Daniel's room. So my room might just be storage space. I hope my roommate isn't offended by that. I don't think she will be, but we'll see.

I am dying to be there with Daniel right now. He's unpacking our stuff and setting up our room and sleeping in our beautiful new bed. And he gets to hang out with Jeff and Eric and Lexi. But ten days isn't so long to wait. I will just try to get everything done that I need to here and enjoy my last ten days of home cooked meals and mommy and daddy paying for everything. Ten days. Sometimes it seems really short and sometimes it feels really loooong.

1 comment:

beth said...

are you serious? you cannot stay here and hang out with your sister or your friends for an extra week or two? you have to be connected with Daniel?