Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My genotype is....

3/3! That means I do not have the genetic risk factor for Alzheimer's. Of course, I may have many environmental risk factors (not exercising, eating right, etc.) but I think I'll work on one thing at a time. Work has been exhausting lately. I hate hate hate getting up at 6:30 in the morning. It wouldn't be that bad except I have to wake up so early just to sit in a car for thirty minutes and then sit in my mom's office for an hour. It's such a waste of time. I keep thinking about all the things I could be doing instead of sitting there. But at least I get some good reading time in. When I'm at work and busy, I really enjoy it. But there are lots of times whne I have like an hour of nothing to do and I feel guilty not doing anything so I wander around looking for things to do. Consequently, our lab is very clean, we are well stocked in autoclaved tips, water, PBS, and tubes, and there are always clean dishes. Which is a good thing.

Yesterday I played volleyball. We won. It was awesome. Our team was working really well together and I served 11 points in a row at one point. I like our team. Although I wish some choice people were also on our team. I never get to see Chris or Beth because they're on Nicole's team. And my team doesn't like to hang out after. That's probably a good thing though because I really try to go to bed at 9:00 and that's usually what time volleyball is over.

This weekend is the senior sendoff party. A bunch of kids that are going to DU next year are going over to Daniel's for a barbeque. I'm excited to meet some kids that are from AZ and going to DU. And we get to answer all their questions and tell them how great DU is. I think it will be really fun. Also this weekend is the volleyball tournament. My team is in second place I think. Last year we won, but it's a pretty different team this year, so we'll see. Plus all the other teams are better this year. It should be fun regardless. And this weekend I also am playing piano in first service and we are going tubing on the salt river. I think I overschedule myself. But I don't want to miss out on anything!

Tonight Daniel and I have resolved to spend some time alone together- just us. I don't think we have had more than 10 minutes alone together since we got to Arizona. So we are going out on a date tonight. He leaves for Denver next Friday. I really really don't want him to go. But whenever I think about going back to Denver for another quarter, I get really excited. This year is going to be awesome. I am ready for summer to be over.

No comments: