Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My last blog in Phoenix

Well, my life hasn't been as bad as that last blog made it sound. I actually have been somewhat busy. Making candy with Grandma was really fun. It's not something that you do everyday, but really making candy isn't that hard. It's kind of cool. It makes me feel like a professional or something. The next day I ran to the post office and changed Daniel and my addresses. That made me happy because it's like I'm officially moving to Denver. And I got a facial which felt amazing. I love getting facials. They make me feel pampered and spoiled and my skin looks so beautiful afterwards.

Then I rushed home to finish up the dinner preparations for Pastor Mel. Nicole had everything under control so that was really nice. I was really glad that we made it together because she made homemade bread and took care of the turkey. She did a really good job because they turned out wonderful! Unfortunately, she made the homemade ice cream and that did NOT turn out wonderful. She halved all the ingredients except the flavorings. So we had twice as much nutmeg and vanilla as we are supposed to. It wouldn't have been that bad except the ice cream never froze properly so we had nutmeggy ice cream soup for dessert. Thank goodness grandma brought a delicious homemade apple pie. Pastor Mel got here 30 minutes early, so my mom wasn't even home from work yet. I had a moment of panic, like oh my gosh we have to entertain him until other people get here, but it wasn't too bad. Everything went well and I think it was a good thing for him to get to know our family and all.

The next day I had a million errands to run. I got my hair cut in the morning (I really like how it turned out), I had to run to the bank and buy a gift for Kian's third birthday and take my dad's car to get chips in the windshield repaired. That took all morning, but I was glad to finally get it done. And for dinner we went to Bamboo House at Desert Ridge for dinner. It was delicious! We don't go there very often, and it was fun for just us three girls together.

Saturday was really fun. We went to Kian's birthday party and then to the Bulkeley's house for scrapbooking. I didn't realize that Beth would be coming so that was a nice surprise! I'm glad I got to see her before I leave for Denver. And I think that day we both sort of realized how incredibly different people we are, but that we can still be best friends. That night I went back to the Francis' to babysit for Kian and Rylan one last time before I'm off to school. Theresa and Aaron wanted to see Batman and they figured this would be their last chance. The boys were hyper from a day full of sugar and excitement. Kian actually pushed me which was a huge surprise. He has never really disobeyed me or anything, but I told him to apologize and he did. And of course we couldn't have a night without an accident, so he told me right before bed that he peed in his bed. Oh well, he slept in his own pee. That's the way it goes.

On Sunday I played in church again. It must not have been as impressive as last time. I came home and slept for a few hours and then Dad and I took Nicole shopping. It was fun because Dad was willing to pay just about anything so we went through the store and grabbed everything that looked cute. Nicole got some really cute clothes and she looked very fashionable. It's amazing what different style we have, but I can definitely appreciate her unique style. I wouldn't pick those clothes myself, but I still think she looks nice in them. We went to Gap, and I had a coupon where you had to fill in a code from the internet and use it within 90 days for 20% off one item. I made up the code and wrote it on there and it was 2 months expired, but they gave it to us anyways! Yes! And because my Dad bought Nicole $200 worth of clothes, I asked him if he wouldn't mind just buying me some makeup and moisturizer that I was almost out of. And he told me to go ahead. I felt guilty spending his money, but he didn't seem to mind at all. We had dinner with our whole family that night and it was delicious!

Yesterday I ran a ton of errands in the afternoon with Nicole. It was fun to do it together. We got our nails done with our Aunt Shirley. Then we had to go to the bank, pick up my contacts and glasses (cute), run to Daniel's house to pick up some stuff that he forgot to pack, and pick up Nicole's contacts (at a different location) and then finally stop at the grocery store to get some corn for dinner. It took up the whole afternoon and then we went over to Chris and Aimee's for dinner. It was so nice that they invited us over for dinner. I really feel like I didn't get to see them hardly at all this summer. Nicole did because she was on their volleyball team. And Chris went all out with this barbequed pork and chicken. It was very impressive. And we got to meet their newest foster child. She was very well behaved. She just sat there and listened while we had a converstion at dinner. Before dinner she showed us pictures, and we asked her questions and stuff. She was really cute. When we drove home it was pouring rain! It was kind of scary. I'm glad that in Denver Daniel will be driving in the bad weather. But we made it home safe and sound.

And now it's today. And I am killing time until I can check into my flight (!!) and have my last dinner at home. Daniel has unpacked most of my stuff already. It's nice to know that I don't have to get there and then spend two days unpacking everything. Daniel has pretty much taken care of it. I can't wait to see him and move in! I'm really anxious to find a church there in Denver. This summer I have really enjoyed going to church and it made me realize how much I missed it this past year. Daniel and I will start exploring when school starts. Well next time I blog, it'll be from my (our) room in Denver!

1 comment:

beth said...

"And I think that day we both sort of realized how incredibly different people we are, but that we can still be best friends" --- You just realized this?? I realized this 5 years ago. We are opposites! You and I think so differently. And you are weird. But we compliment eachother with our different views on life. I love you a ton and I wouldn’t change you for the world.