Friday, August 15, 2008

My first day home from work

It felt good to sleep in this morning. What's really pathetic is that right now sleeping in for me is 8:30am. I'll have to stay up later at night. I couldn't stay away past like 9:30 last night so that's probably why I woke up so early. I met Daniel at Discount Tire Co to get the car all ready for its maiden voyage to Denver. We got the tires checked and rotated. My grandpa just bought new ones about 7000 miles ago (awesome!). It's so exciting that the car is ours now! Yesterday Daniel came over and we completely took everything out of it that belongs to my grandparents (which isn't that much) and we scraped off all their windshield stickers and put our brand new beautiful DU parking sticker on. At that point it really felt like our car. He also helped me pack up every little thing that I want to go to Denver that I don't need between now and when I leave on September 5. It ended up being quite a lot of stuff, so I feel much better about fitting all my stuff into one suitcase. All my stuff is in the car, now Daniel just has to put all his in.

Then we went to Wal-mart and bought a bunch of stuff for his dorm room like bathroom cleaning supplies and stuff like that. We went to Wells Fargo and opened a joint account which we will use to pay for joint expenses like going out to eat and gas. And then we went to Bank of America and finally closed my old checking account. We came home to get some lunch, and then went over to my Grandparents' house. Nicole and Mike came with us. My grandparents have always been saying they want us to let them know what stuff we want to inherit from them. They have a lot of antiques and sentimental stuff too. They move to Utah for the summer and they are just coming home today. So we grabbed three different color of sticky notes (me, Nicole, and Aaron) and we just stuck them on all the stuff we wanted to claim. Most of the stuff was actually stuff we wanted. I claimed this antique clock that's worth a lot of money, and Nicole claimed a doll that belonged to my Great Grandma in 1915-1920ish. But then we also claimed some funny stuff like Aaron has a sticky note on a picture of himself in their room. And I claimed one dining table chair, while Nicole claimed the rest of the set. So when they come home this evening they will find their house covered in sticky notes. I hope they find it funny. My mom thought they would; it was her idea.

Tonight a whole bunch of people are going to a mexican place for dinner. It should be really fun. But it's Daniel's last night here. I've spent a lot of time with him this week so it's not a big deal. I just hope I can stay busy the next three weeks so it goes fast. I really just want to move into my brand new dorm! Daniel and I bought sheets on Wednesday night. Man, it is so hard to agree on sheets! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when we have to agree on a house and furniture in the house and dishes, and everything! It took us like 2 hours to agree on a bed. So we went to Bed Bath & Beyond because I had a coupon for there. We wanted to find sheets for Daniel's new full size futon and also a comforter. And we thought that we will probably use this bedding in our house for next year too. We saw these bamboo sheets that were really soft, but they were 250 thread count which probably won't last more than a year. And I was nervous about bamboo cause I've never heard of it. What if the sheets start falling apart or the color fades or something? So we found these sheets that were 620 thread count for $99. It was a whole set with fitted sheet, flat sheet, and two pillowcases. They were really nice so that's what we went with. And we found some nice comforters for under $100 which was quite difficult. Almost every one we looked at was over $100. We decided on a pale gold color comforter and navy sheets. I think it looks really nice and I can't wait to sleep on super soft 620 thread count sheets! I wish I was leaving tomorrow. At least I can look forward to sleeping in for three weeks and watching LOTS of Olympics on TV. If Nicole can do it all summer long, I can do it for three weeks. And I'm hoping I can cook dinner too because I miss that.

No comments: