Friday, February 26, 2010

Mom's in town!

In a few hours I'm driving to the airport to pick up my Mom. I'm so excited! Tomorrow we're going skiing in the morning and afternoon. In the evening, we're going with a bunch of Theta Chi guys and their dates to the Colorado Symphony. They're performing a Brahms Requiem with the Colorado Symphony Chorus so it should be really good. Then on Sunday we're going shopping and doing fun stuff here in town. That night we're going out for sushi for dinner. That evening there's a wine and cheese welcome party for the conference my mom is attending. On Monday she'll be at the conference and I'll be at school/work all day. Daniel is picking my mom up around 4:30 and then they're coming to see the lab and pick me up. That night we might go to a bar downtown called Sing Sing. It's a "dueling piano" bar where they play songs that people request and make you come up on stage and do silly things. I've heard it's really fun. I have a very busy weekend ahead of me!

Last night I saw Daniel perform with Eric Whitacre. He played "October" which is one of my very favorite Eric Whitacre pieces. I didn't see much of it because I had to go to bells rehearsal, but Daniel said the crowd went absolutely crazy when he walked out on stage. In the wind ensemble/choral world, he is quite a celebrity. I felt really lucky to get to watch him conduct in person. His music is incredibly moving and fun to perform.

No comments: