Sunday, February 14, 2010

White Valentine's Day

I woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of white snow. It's melting fast, but it was nice while it lasted. I've had a wonderful relaxing weekend. Daniel and I have been watching the Olympics and wedding planning. Today we went to a nice casual lunch at Maggiano's. We haven't been there in a really long time and it's one of my favorite places to eat. We were planning on cooking a nice dinner at home, but since Daniel's parents sent us money we thought we could go out for lunch. My parents also sent us a gift card to Cheesecake Factory! We'll save that for another time.

Lately Daniel has been incredible. I was feeling quite neglected for a while. He had been so busy with school and working like 5 jobs and being President of Theta Chi. It felt like he worked all day and then came home and worked on his computer until midnight. The only time we spent together was eating dinner, and we didn't even go to bed together because he was up so late working. Luckily, he happens to be taking a class this quarter called "Why we Fall in Love" and he has learned a lot. His professor gives them practical tips on how to improve their relationships. I don't know what specifically he's learned, but whatever it is, I like it! He has given me much more attention in the past two weeks than he did in the previous 6 weeks combined. He has been more affectionate which is something that's hard for him. I think it's a guy thing. He doesn't feel the need to tell me "I love you" or kiss me before bed. But he knows that I like it, and now he's really making an effort to do things like that.

One day this week I was really stressed out because I had a test the next day and I didn't feel prepared at all. I felt like I needed to spend all night studying but I had a ton of other stuff to do including cook dinner. To be honest, I was kind of mean to Daniel. I was upset because he was like two minutes late meeting at the car which made me more stressed out because that was time that I could have been studying. Instead of being mean back, he was calm and nice to me. He asked me how my day was and told me that he would take care of dinner so I could study. He told me that I was going to do great on my test. It made me feel so much better.

So I have been really happy lately. I guess that's nothing new. I've been happy all quarter, well since as far back as I can remember really. My life is just really awesome right now. But even better now because Daniel is spending more time with me. He even told his fraternity that they're not allowed to call during dinner or after 11pm. Just for me :-)


No comments: