Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow

It's been snowing for about 28 hours straight. It's been weeks since we've had any snow, so I'm loving it. It's beautiful. The first 12 hours or so it was coming down slow enough that the roads stayed mostly clear. But now it's snowing pretty hard and overnight it accumulated so the roads were fairly bad this morning. This morning was the first time Daniel and I were actually prepared! We got up early and went out to our car to brush the snow off and scrape the ice off. We left early enough that despite the icy roads and slow drivers, we still got to class in time. And then I found out my class was cancelled. My professor couldn't get here in time. But that's okay, I used the extra time to study for my midterm later this morning.

I think my absolute favorite thing about the snow is when the sun goes down and it is perpetual twilight. Nobody talks about this, but when it's snowing, the whole sky glows all night long. It never really gets dark. I have no idea why that happens, but it's beautiful. This is exactly the kind of weather I want for our wedding. Light snow, a couple inches on the ground. Nothing crazy to the point that people won't be able to travel, but a good covering on the ground and big fluffy cotton ball snowflakes falling. It's magical :-)

No comments: