Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Indecisiveness

I can't decide if I'm going to travel to Phoenix for Spring Break. I'm done with finals on Saturday, March 13, but I play bells in church Sunday morning so I'd have to leave after that. Besides that, I have work Monday afternoon and all day Friday, and bells rehearsal Thursday night. Work I can definitely get out of, and bells practice I can probably get out of too. But I may want the money from work. My dad is paying for the flight, so that's not an issue. But almost all my friends will be in town over spring break. I'm sure there are going to be lots of parties and fun things going on. Daniel can't go to Phoenix because he's taking his GMAT on Wednesday of that week. Mostly, I want to go to Phoenix to see my grandparents and to celebrate Sarah's birthday. I have to make a decision soon though to book my flight.

My Mom is leaving in a couple hours. On Sunday we went shopping and she bought me a pair of jeans and tons of groceries. We bought some yeast and bread flour and she showed me how to use my bread maker. Now we have yummy cinnamon raising bread for breakfast. Tonight I think I'll make parmesan basil bread to go with spaghetti. I said goodbye to her this morning because I had class all day and she is going straight from her conference to the airport. It went way too fast. I wish she was staying for a whole week. But maybe if she did, I would say it's too long. Anyways, I miss her way more now than I did before she even came. So maybe that's another good reason to go to Phoenix for spring break- to remind me why I live in a different city from my parents :-)

I just finished my last genetics lab of the quarter. I got 100% on my final presentation, and my final lab report. Our lab grade is worth 25% of our lecture grade, so that's really good. Tomorrow is my very last physiology lab, and Thursday is my last chemistry lab. Next week I have a chemistry practical which is like a final exam for lab. I'm sure it will be easy because every single lab has been easy and I took good notes in my lab notebook. This quarter has been a breeze, and it's almost over! And on another positive note, it hit 60 degrees today. We haven't seen warm weather like that since before Thanksgiving! It is beautiful. And it makes me feel like spring is just around the corner! When I think of summer I remember moving into our house and how lovely it was to grill burgers in our backyard and roll around with Jackson in our soft cushy grass in the backyard. And I remember long days with nothing to do but lay outside in the sun and read a book or plant a garden :-) I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I wish we had the same spring break so I can see you. I guess I will have to wait until you come to see me in Chicago! That will be our last opportunity to see each other until I graduate!