Thursday, October 1, 2009

Midterms

My first two midterms went great! I got a 96% in cognitive neuroscience, and an 88% in statistics. I am very happy with both. Now I have to focus on my next two. On Monday I have a midterm in Biology: Cell Structure and Function. Then on Friday is my first midterm in Organic Chemistry. Of course, that's the one I'm most worried about. I can already feel my stomach cramping up just thinking about it. Daniel wants me to go see a counselor about my anxiety. As usual. It's an ongoing battle, but not something I'm ready to deal with just yet.

Jackson has been doing great lately. I have realized that we have to give him lots of attention when we can, so that when we need to get something done he won't bother us. Daniel walks him every morning, and I usually play fetch with him when I get home until he's exhausted. It has kept him from destroying things, digging, or barking at us obnoxiously. We went to Michael's a few days ago to buy some fall-ish decorations for the house. I feel guilty spending the money, but I want to be festive. We only spent about $25 anyways, and now we have yummy pumpkin smelling candles, a cute Trick or Treat sign on the front door, and a scarecrow in our front yard. Jackson doesn't like the scarecrow too much. He stands at our front window and barks at it over and over again. We had to close the curtains so he would stop. I am absolutely loving the weather now. It's that time of year where it can be 80 degrees one day, and then 50 degrees the next day. We get brisk winds blow through, and all the leaves are changing. It seemed like overnight all the trees turned to bright gold. It's just beautiful. And it's putting me in the mood to get some snow! I think I'm almost ready. Good thing, because we have a freeze warning tonight. October also means my 21st birthday! Some of Daniel's brothers have offered to take me out for my 21st birthday. Since most of my girl friends turn 21 after me, I didn't think I would have anyone to celebrate with. My guess is we'll celebrate at the house for a couple hours, and then go to a bar or club just for an hour or so. I'm excited!

This morning as Daniel and I were getting ready to leave for school, the doorbell rang. FedEx was there with a huge box for me! What a surprise! I opened it up and discovered lots of goodies (including a dog bone and some biscuits for Jackson). Grandma even made some molasses cookies. It made my whole day. It's nice to know they thought of me and put in the effort to mail that here. They even put in a Halloween costume for Jackson!

Tomorrow we get cable! I'm excited. I know that's silly, but it will be nice. To help pay for our new monthly bill, I have been applying for lots of jobs. I applied for two different research assistant positions at National Jewish. That's a hospital here in Denver that's famous for its respiratory therapy. They put up signs around campus and on DU's website, so I know they will be accommodating of my class schedule.

I will be spending this weekend studying hard for finals. Hopefully. I don't want to get distracted and end up getting everything done BUT studying. The first midterms of the year are so important: they set my mood and expectations for the class. I hope they go well!

No comments: