Friday, October 23, 2009

No One Mourns the Wicked!

Well Wicked was INCREDIBLE!! Our seats were not terrible. Though we were very high, we could still see everything that was going on. We couldn't really see facial expressions, but the music is the important part anyways, right? I was sitting in the theater and practically bouncing in my seat I was so excited! The cast sounded very similar to the original broadway cast, but there were a few little differences. I definitely noticed that the balance between the parts wasn't perfect. I mean I have listened to the CD which is perfectly engineered a million times, so any imperfections stood out. But the singing and dancing and acting were fantastic! I got to wear my beautiful black pea coat because it snowed all day long. It's all pretty much melted now.

The next day, Daniel intercepted the mail and took all my birthday presents and hid them. One was a giant box from his family. I texted his Mom and told her that Daniel wasn't letting me open it and she demanded that he let me open it now lol. So he did. It was full of so many presents! I got matching red apron, oven mitts, and dish towels. A really soft bubble gum pink bath robe, and 100$ gift card to Costco to buy new silverware! Stuck inside the oven mitts were two free movie tickets and Evan put in a 20$ gift card to See's chocolates! It was so fun that I got to keep opening more and more and more because everything was wrapped separately. I can't believe that Evan even bought me a gift, that was so thoughtful of him. And I LOVE everything! I have the best in-laws :-) So today I want to go to Costco and pick out our new silverware. I actually dreamed about it last night lol. I know I'm a little crazy.

Tonight Daniel and I are going out to dinner and then we are going to the music school to see the Lamont Symphony and the Women's Choir perform. So tonight we are really celebrating our 7th anniversary. 7 whole years. Wow. I'm excited to have a romantic evening with my honey.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for your birthday present! So far I only bought one book. And ironically, I bought True Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. It's written by the same author of Wicked! It's a parody on Cinderella (whereas Wicked is a parody on The Wizard of Oz). I'll let you know if it's good once I read it!

beth said...

I didn't know that you've never seen wicked! Wasn't it amazing? I don't know if you watch glee but they are going to sing defying gravity this week!

Rachel said...

I've seen Wicked before, in LA about 3 years ago. I do watch Glee, it's one of my favorite shows! I was so excited that Kristen Chenoweth was on it a few weeks ago. I totally recognized her voice lol.