Friday, October 9, 2009

Finally done with midterms

My life has been pretty ordinary lately. We're almost halfway through the quarter already! I can't believe it. The weeks are going by so fast. I just finished my last midterm about 20 minutes ago and the relief has yet to set in. I know it will though. I think once I get home I will take a deep breath and relax. I think I did okay on it. Not great, not terrible. Which I am totally fine with. I studied a lot, and tried my hardest. That's all I can do.

Yesterday we got our first snow of the season! It was so exciting. Every single time it snows, I am surprised at how beautiful it is. Watching the flakes come down and land in your hair and on your nose, it's just so much fun! And adding to the fun yesterday was Jackson. It was (presumably) his first snow ever. He got very hyper and ran around our backyard. He lifted up his little paw and tried to wipe the snowflakes off his nose lol. And since he's black, the snowflakes looked so cute collecting on his back. I was definitely ready for some snow. Today it's a little warmer, in the 50s, but it's supposed to snow all weekend.

In related news, the Rockies made the playoffs! Many of my friends are huge baseball fans, so they entered the lottery to get tickets. As far as I know, only one friend has been able to buy tickets. He is going with our roommate Paul on Saturday night. It is going to be COLD! The stadium is outdoors, and the highs are in the 30s with snow all day. By the time the game starts around 6, it will probably be in the 20s! Brrr! I'll watch it on TV :-)

On the agenda this weekend is building a shelter for Jackson. Now that it has started snowing, we figured he needs someplace that he can go to get out from the snow. And since he has been a bit destructive indoors, we want to keep him outside when we're not home. On Wednesday evening, we were all downstairs watching Glee, and Paul noticed that Jackson was chewing on something. He reached in his mouth and pulled out.... Daniel's cell phone! It was destroyed. The screen was white and cracked, and there were huge bite marks out of it. Luckily Daniel was due for a new phone anyways, so he got a Blackberry the next day. Jackson has also been caught up on our kitchen table multiple times. I have no idea how he gets up there, or why, but he does. He's just so darn cute, I can't be mad at him for more than a few minutes. Maybe that's why puppies are so cute.

I'm getting seriously excited for my Wicked/my birthday/our anniversary/Halloween/Nicole coming to visit. So stay tuned :-)

No comments: