Monday, October 26, 2009

My Birthday!

My whole weekend was so much fun. Daniel kind of planned to celebrate my birthday on Saturday since we would be going out that night at midnight when I officially turned 21 years old. He woke up around 8am while I slept in for another hour. At 9, he brought Jackson in to our bedroom to wake me up. He jumped up on the bed and gave me a big kiss on the face. Daniel told me that breakfast was ready whenever I wanted to get up. It smelled so good, I got up right away. I went upstairs and on the table was a pile of chocolate chip pancakes, a vase of pink roses, and all my birthday presents wrapped and sitting on the kitchen table. We ate breakfast with Paul and I opened my presents. Daniel got me a cocktail shaker, a wine bottle stopper, pink fuzzy slippers, and a glass measuring cup. I loved everything. I also opened a letter from my grandparents that had $210 check in it (because it was my 21st birthday). I knew right away what I wanted to spend it on: a kindle! So I ordered one right then. I called Nicole to wish her a happy birthday. Now that I'm older, I actually like sharing my birthday. As a kid, I hated it! But now it's fun to call her and wish her a happy birthday too.

I spent a lot of the day getting my homework done so I could go out that night guilt-free. Daniel and I also went to the mall and bought a cocktail recipe book and some mixers. Daniel cooked fried chicken for dinner. He wanted to make sure I had plenty of greasy food in my stomach! Around 9:30 friends started coming over. Daniel's freshman roommate Colin brought me a bottle of wine. Some of Daniel's fraternity brothers came over and we made some cocktails. I had a mojito and a dreamsicle. They were delicious! At about 11pm, we drove (one of the guys was the designated driver) to a local bar/restaurant called the Cherry Cricket. At the door, we all had to show our IDs. I told him that I turned 21 at midnight, so he told me to sit at the table right next to him so he could keep an eye on us until midnight. At about 10 till, our waiter asked me what I wanted for my birthday. They gave me one free shot. Paul suggested a Washington Apple, so that's what I had. It was really delicious! It tasted like sour apple. I also had a rum punch or something like that. We went home a little after 1am, and I fell asleep soon after. Alcohol makes me so tired. Anyways, it was so much fun. The guys were great, I didn't have to pay for anything.

I didn't really sleep in on Sunday surprisingly enough. Daniel's parents called and sang me Happy Birthday and their own special Rosen Happy Birthday song. They are so sweet, I love my in-laws. Besides that, I mostly relaxed and enjoyed a free day. It snowed all day and it was really cold outside so I didn't want to do anything but stay under the covers. Daniel made the weekend so special. Every time I started to clean or wash dishes or something he would say "no, it's your birthday!" so I didn't have to do anything I didn't want to :-) I'm kind of sad it's all over. But I am still excited for Nicole to come because we'll celebrate our birthday again together. And when Daniel turns 21, it's going to be really fun. That night we can both go out for drinks together.

I cannot believe I'm 21. I feel like I'm growing up so fast! I still feel like a teenager. But then sometimes I feel like an adult. Taking care of a house and a dog and all makes me feel more grown up every day. In the next few weeks I'm going to go get a new ID. I think I will get a Colorado one. Then it's official: I'm a Colorado resident!

No comments: