Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What a morning!

This has been a crazy morning. I woke up a full 30 minutes before my alarm was set. That is very unusual for me. I always want to get every minute of sleep I can. But I went to bed at 9:30 last night, so maybe that's why. I woke up to a backyard covered in snow. There was already an inch or two on the ground and it was coming down hard! I had to drive Daniel to work. He got a job helping with elementary school band. When I got home, I let Jackson inside because I felt so bad for him out in the snow. I got in the shower and when I got out, I checked on Jackson. He was sitting right in front of the back door with our remote in his mouth! Again! I was so angry. Paul must have left the remote out last night after I went to bed. Daniel and I try to put the remote in a drawer so Jackson can't get it. Anyways, it was destroyed of course. I was already running late, but I wanted to order the new remote as soon as possible so I called on my way to school. Driving in the snow while I'm running late and on the phone was kind of hectic. When I finally got to school, I was so frazzled and angry at Jackson I couldn't concentrate at all. To top it all off, I had a midterm at 10am. So I had to calm myself down so I could pay attention on my exam. Now I'm home for lunch before I have to go back to school. I have my biology lab, and tonight we are going to see Wicked. We have been taking up to 3 trips to campus a day, and today it will be probably 5. It's not ideal, but by coming home I don't have to use one of my meals in the dining hall on campus. And it's nice to let Jackson in for a little while when the weather is so terrible outside.

So today has been pretty nuts so far. I hope it calms down. I should have at least 2 hours between my lab and Wicked to get some dinner and relax. I hope the show is really good. I'm a little worried because our seats are in the very last row of the highest balcony. It's going to be terrible if we get there and we can barely see because we're so high up.

Tomorrow Daniel and I are celebrating 7 years together! I can't believe it's been so long. I am more in love with Daniel than ever. And I still can't believe we're getting married! Three years feels so far away sometimes, and so close other times. I'm sure it will pass quickly. My birthday is in less than a week, and Daniel is like the present Nazi! He won't let me open any until my actual birthday. He told me he was going to check the mail every day and take anything for me and hide it until my birthday. He already admitted that his gift for me is hidden in the house somewhere. I'm so excited to turn 21!

We have added yet another trip to our winter break. Daniel's parents want to take us all to Las Vegas since we will be 21. Daniel's whole family, plus Nicole and me are going. Evan's girlfriend Kristy may go too, but she won't be 21 years old. This quarter is going by fast. We're already in week 6. In one month we'll be taking finals and soon after that, back in Phoenix. I hope Jackson can learn better manners before then. He still jumps up on people sometimes and barks. And obviously chews. Most of the time I love him to death, but sometimes he makes me so angry!

Well, I'm going to go get some lunch and then head back to campus. I hope the afternoon goes quickly.

No comments: